RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where to start troubleshooting battery draining issue? It starts fine when charged and runs smoothly.
Finally got around to swapping my BigShots to PCS Monster Pro Pipe and reinstall Dynojet Autotune.
Replaced battery with Shorai LFX18A1-BS12
Installed Dynojet Autotune to PCV via same turn signal wire as old bike.
Bike runs great but battery drains if not on charger.
It is the same exact setup as on 02 bike, battery didn't drain then.

An Aside note: Reading up on the Autotune again and it made sense to find that stretch of road long enough to go through all gears WOT!

Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
Are the turn signals stock or something different? Changing to LEDs or deleting them will cause something called the "click of death" or COD.
do a search for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the turn signals stock or something different? Changing to LEDs or deleting them will cause something called the "click of death" or COD.
do a search for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Front turn signals stock, rear aftermarket bullets not LED. However, when I installed them I had swapped the OEM wiring inside light to bullet light after reading a bunch about COD. Never had the issue before with regular acid battery. The thing I added myself this time was the Autotune and connected it to the same turn signal wire as on old bike. I believe it holds a charge and I assume it is charging while I ride because I rode last night for almost 4 hours and the bike ran fine. I left it off the tender last night to see what would happen and YEP! Dead this morning. Charging now though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I've tried to shut the bike down with key and not kill switch, same result. I'm thinking it is related to the Autotune tapped into the blue signal wire The Autotune light is on even when bike is turned off. I never noticed if this was the case before, I had someone else install it last time and never looked back.

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
Oh, and I've tried to shut the bike down with key and not kill switch, same result. I'm thinking it is related to the Autotune tapped into the blue signal wire The Autotune light is on even when bike is turned off. I never noticed if this was the case before, I had someone else install it last time and never looked back.
  1. Engine Shut-Down with Ignition Key and Trani in NEUTRAL?
  2. Are you tapped into the Blue Running Light Wire Underseat from the Taillight Harness 5-Pin connector?

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
If your answer is definitively Yes to questions 1 & 2 in my OP #5 then I would suggest you remove the 10A Signal System Fuse and see if this remedies the battery issue.

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
Front turn signals stock, rear aftermarket bullets not LED.
  • However, when I installed them I had swapped the OEM wiring inside light to bullet light after reading a bunch about COD.
Never had the issue before with regular acid battery. The thing I added myself this time was the Autotune and connected it to the same turn signal wire as on old bike. I believe it holds a charge and I assume it is charging while I ride because I rode last night for almost 4 hours and the bike ran fine. I left it off the tender last night to see what would happen and YEP! Dead this morning. Charging now though.
What's the above Bold Bullet Point all about? Can you Explain!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help.
Yes to questions1 & 2. Followed Dynojet instructions to tap blue wire of 6 pin connector for tail light.
I put lithium charger on this morning, slow charging while autotune connected. A couple hours ago I tried to start but not enough juice despite on charger all day. I I disconnected the negative Autotune wire from battery and is now definitely charging faster.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you pull the recommended fuse to test for results?
No I haven't tried pulling the fuse yet because I had already disconnected the Autotune negative connection to battery and started charging. The battery charged fully in a few hours, tender shut off automatically. At this point I'm thinking connect Autotune to a different wire or use the map that Autotune built in the last week. I'd like to continue building a better map with Autotune and disconnect after done tweaking.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You've NOT responded to my Post #7 ?
So when I put the bullet lights on I remember reading COD stuff and running into fast blinking issue. I disassembled the 2002 rear OEM signals and put everything the same way inside the bullet lights. No issues since inspection about a year ago.

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
So your new Bullet Lights are a lesser wattage than the OEM but are incandescent bulbs. Did you do anything to correct the fast flash rate.
  • FYI ... fast flash has nothing at all to do with the COD syndrome!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So your new Bullet Lights are a lesser wattage than the OEM but are incandescent bulbs. Did you do anything to correct the fast flash rate.
  • FYI ... fast flash has nothing at all to do with the COD syndrome!
Great questionls, I stuck a piece of cardboard inside to shimmy the bulb at inspection last year and no further fast blinking issues.

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
Great questionls, I stuck a piece of cardboard inside to shimmy the bulb at inspection last year and no further fast blinking issues.
(y) That sounds like you had a poor connection in the socket and the reason for the fast flash.

There are (3) switched fused circuits on the Warrior. The running light circuit is the most convenient to tap into.
Within my signature is a hosted wiring diagram
Now that you've responded to all my questions, I have my doubts that removing the aforementioned fuse will resolve the problem but there is no harm pulling the fuse to see if the AT powers off.
For this occurrence to happen there would have to be some feedback issue with a component in the running light circuit so check the fuse 1st before gong on a Witch Hunt.
There are other options to review depending upon the result of the pulled fuse :>)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
(y) That sounds like you had a poor connection in the socket and the reason for the fast flash.

There are (3) switched fused circuits on the Warrior. The running light circuit is the most convenient to tap into.
Within my signature is a hosted wiring diagram
Now that you've responded to all my questions, I have my doubts that removing the aforementioned fuse will resolve the problem but there is no harm pulling the fuse to see if the AT powers off.
For this occurrence to happen there would have to be some feedback issue with a component in the running light circuit so check the fuse 1st before gong on a Witch Hunt.
There are other options to review depending upon the result of the pulled fuse :>)
Thanks for all of your help. I will reconnect AT to battery before riding later today and then pull fuse and leave off charger, see what happens.

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
Just pulled all fuses and all are good.
I suggested you remove the 10A Signal System Fuse even though I had my doubts that removing the fuse would resolve the problem but that there was no harm doing so to see if the AT powered Off after its removal!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AT still on after pulling 10A
I suggested you remove the 10A Signal System Fuse even though I had my doubts that removing the fuse would resolve the problem but that there was no harm doing so to see if the AT powered Off after its removal!
AT still on after fuse removal. Tried each fuse in that box just in case. Fast flash could still be connection to bulb, still a bit lose and flashing fast. Also, Fast flashing clicking sound closer to under seat.

Charger was at 100% today until I connected AT. After reconnecting everything and putting it back on the charger it did not go to 100% charged at all. Been hovering at next light down 75%.

·
Administrator
28,366 Posts
Did you buy your Dynojet Autotune module new or used? Are there factory part numbers on both devices PCV and Autotuner)? Did you install both as shown in their instructions? Could you please detail your wiring including PCV and Autotune, wire colors and wire-to-wire connections?

Ref for PCV: Warrior Fuel Managers

I do not have Dynojet Autotuner install instructions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts