RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the battery tender jr, and I have used it for the last two years with no problems. Each year when the season is over I hook up the red to the positive and the black to my helmet lock. I am tired of using the clamps and want to install the pig tails. I was told I can hook the red to the positive terminal and the black to the negative terminal, is this true? Or do I have to hook the black connector to a ground somewhere on the bike? Seems like a dumb question but this has always confused me.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yup, red to red terminal and black to the balck ground. I've had mine hooked up for over a year, but have yet to use it....LOL....I just go for a ride to recharge.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Either way will work however-----

Hook up both leads to the batt!!!

red+

black-

If you connect the neg lead to the chassis you have more connections to possibly have poor contact & the purpose of this is to keep batt charged so just connect to batt.

Mike

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas. I thought I could hook both leads up because I have heard of other doing so. I think I must have read the instructions wrong or they suggested otherwise. I'll hook up the pig tails and call it good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts