RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to pull my battery for the winter the other day on my 2 strokes-because I am too lazy to re-jet them and it is already in the 40s and 50s here in central MN. Anyways, I pulled the battery tenders out of the box and for the life of me, I can't remember if they should be on 1 amp or 2 amp mode(and i can't find the instructions). All 12 volt batteries. I just want to plug them in for the winter and not have to worry about taking them off to let the batteries cool or anything. What do you people recommend as far as battery tenders go? Any other advise or words of wisdom when it comes to these issues? I am going broke buying batteries forthe bikesevery single year-these things are getting expensive Thanks

·
Administrator
29,677 Posts
BTW it sells for half the Battery Tender device and lasts longer, floats better, has a quick-plug to leave on one bike in the box (and more plugs are available cheap for other bikes). Schumacher is a huge long-standing battery charger company and the Battery Companion might sell for less, but its a much better unit. I've used mine 4-5 years now for three bikes and the off-seson is a long time here

Google 'Schumacher Battery Companion' you'll find them right now for $20 compared to $60 for anything else.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a few different tenders. The one I use on the warrior is a black and decker brand that is 12v only, but has the option to be 1amp or 2 amp-and I can't remember what to use! I can't remember the brand name of the 2 that I use on the rds, but they can be switched to either 6v or 12v. I think the b and d on the warrior should be on 1 amp if left on for long periods of time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If the tender does not have the automatic float capability you will want to use the 1 amp to prevent overcharging. If it does have the float capability you can use either. The only main difference is that the 2 amp will charge it a little faster than the 1 amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts