RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 15 years on my stock battery its getting a little slower this morning. I saw someone mentioned an Odyssey battery that fits the warrior. I dont lipo to risky for my comfort. Can someone let me know the number for the Odyssey? Thx

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
$hit that's crazy....
I get about 2yrs out of my Vehicles n warrior batteries ....

Go with the same battery...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mike, not quite 15. I purchased the bike in September '05 and has 50K miles. I religiously plug my maintainer when I park it at home. I wished my Jeep batteries would last as long..lol
Well the Yuasa sells around $85, theres got to be newer battery tech that falls around half the cost?

I'll check the Shorai out.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I got a new battery about 2 months ago
The Yuasha Battery from Chaparral Moto
$85 ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
28,566 Posts
Oops. That pic seems to be the wrong battery?

The original is Yuasa GT14B-4-GS (made by GS in USA). The YT14B-4-BS (made in Yuasa Japan factory) is the same part. Notice its POS position on the battery is on the left and the battery is smaller in size than the part number shown in the pic posted.

I realize you are staying with Yuasa but just so its been said. That original battery is less powerful than the modern Lithium Iron (notice its NOT Ion but Iron) Shorai coupled with their multi-feed individual-cell charge design of the matching Shorai charger. It spins the motor effortlessly. It weighs nothing and is physically a bit smaller outside dimensions. But it does cost more. https://shoraipower.com/lfx18a1-bs12-p86 (it costs far less if you buy it from resellers online). Again I know you are going another way but wanted to give-it-all in case helpful. Lithium is NON-HAZARDOUS AND NEARLY 100% RECYCLABLE.

"Lithium batteries offer huge advantages over lead acid batteries by way of lower weight, greater cell voltage, higher power densities, longer operating life and is a non-hazardous material."

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Mark you might have set a record for original stock battery longevity!

Not what you asked but I'm real happy with my Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 (March 2014) and Shorai SHO-BMS01 Charger. A bit more money but its still spinning strong.
I had same, and It kept well even between long periods (1 or 2 months) of no ride or charge.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my...! Nice looking battery. You're right about the price being up there. Now what is Lithium-IRON. I deal with Lipo's and they can be picky batteries, but IRON? Does that mean they found away around the hazards of LIPo's? Gona have to kick this around a bit more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts