RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondering what the feelings are on batteries for the Warrior. Ive had a Shorai for the last 8 years and feel thats pretty good, but was wondering if anything new has come out and possibly cheaper than the Shorai, thanx for all help in advance..

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
I remember this from before!!!!

IMO Shorai is still top of the heap. Did you ever get their charger? It can recover dead batteries on the right setting. Also, Shorai might still have a free recovery service.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recall there was a thread that talked about batteries that addressed the long crank startup our model struggles with. Though cant seem to locate it now. Is the Shorai a solution for that?

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
@pumagaju

First is the decompression solenoid needs to work. Second is good timely oil and filter changes and correct fuel to retain the nikisil cylinder lining which is by nature slick. Next is using a charger-maintainer to keep battery voltage at or above 12v in order to manage amperage draw at start. With respect to battery, imk (in my knowledge) the Shorai battery and charger together bring a whole modern technology that solves the trouble of all cells being at 100% capacity. That in turn solves odd high amperage events. The Shorai technology simply fills the last void in the puzzle. I'm still astounded that since 2014 my beast spins-over so fast it sometimes catches me off-guard and makes me smile. Zero electrical troubles. Never been stranded. It has gone winter months under blankets and starts instantly in spring. But its part of a system. If you fail in normal Warrior maintenance or wise mods then it's on you 😜

·
Registered
119 Posts
I started out with a conventional lead acid battery, switched over to Shoria lithium and was quite pleased. Lasted several years. When it died, I thought I’d save a couple bucks and go back to a conventional battery. It lasted one year. I just bought a new Shoria a couple weeks ago. Lesson learned. No going back for me. The cranking power is superior as is overall performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went with a generic lithium battery after replacing lead acid batteries every other year and still not having enough juice. I LOVE the lithium battery. Best money spent!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts