RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im kinda looking into putting a batwing style front fairing on my warrior.. might be breaking tradition but i want the radio, also i want a hardbag only thats similar to that of " say a 2012 HD Streetglide " ( Saddlebags ) anyone wanna point me in the right direction? Pretty Please!!!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Tsukayu makes nice fiberglass saddle bags very similar to the HD bags at a very reasonable price. As for the fairing, there is the Memphis Shades fairing that can be mounted on the Warrior fairly easily. The only draw back of it, it does not have the radio you want. However Hog Tunes makes a system that fits in a Memphis Shades. You can see what your Warrior would look like by checking my Avatar or my album. The fairing and bags would set you back about 9 hundred, the Hog tunes I think are about 250.00.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Memphis Shades batwing for the Warrior is 279.00, I saw some hard bags that fit the Warrior on ebay, lots of audio options out there, Cycle Sound's speakers are Poineer, if I didn't already have tunes I would check them out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did a post on ebay spent $150 for the bags plus misc parts and a little modification. You can click on my name and look at posts I created.

Bad install will be easier with a sissy bar as it gives a flat mounting surface for brackets since our frame rails are far from flat.

I am also considering the Memphis shades batwing. I did a stealth windsheild with mirror base mounted speakers and although it continues to serve the purpose till I come back to issue I do have ultimate goals in mind. I think the batwing deal is based on the Raider with modification so I am thinking any wing for a raider can be made to work and there are alot of different wing options out there. The big issue is most of them are for quick detach. If you don't care about quick detach then installing the wing anyway you can doesn't matter. **** can always drill and tap the forks and screw it right in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The memphis shades look awful.. The design looks to be as if youd zip tie it on looking from the rear.. Tsukayu sells some really nice looking " patrol bags " but will they fit ( or be too long ) with my v&h bigshots. In other news.. Im also now a 280 rear tire kit'd ride

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The memphis shades look awful.. The design looks to be as if youd zip tie it on looking from the rear.. Tsukayu sells some really nice looking " patrol bags " but will they fit ( or be too long ) with my v&h bigshots. In other news.. Im also now a 280 rear tire kit'd ride
Go to Tsukayu.com, click on the Patrol pic., click on Patrol pics, scroll down to Yamaha, click on the Warrior. You'll see a Warrior with just about the same size pipes you have and you can see they will fit fine. Looking at your Warrior I think they will look great. They are well made bags, carpet lined. They provide excellent brackets, and they hug the bike.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You can mount them lower. I mounted them that high because I liked how they flowed with the fender. You can mount them as low as an inch above your pipes.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
From top to bottom about 15" . No you don't need a sissy bar to mount them. In fact without the sissy bar they will be even closer to the bike. They give you detailed instructions and really solid mounting brackets. You can mount them as low as you want, however Tsukayu suggests you leave 1" between the bottom of the bag and the top of your pipe. I guess because of the heat coming from the pipe. They are pretty roomy. I can carry a case of beer, plus a couple bags of chips and pretzels.:D If you use silver dollar size rubber washers against the bags and the mounting brackets they hardly vibrate at all. I really like these bags. For good quality fiberglass bags they are not expensive at all and they give you free shipping. They come well packed in a fiberglass crate that you can reuse. I really think you'll like them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks bud, im gonna close my eyes and order them.. Now i just have to see about the batwing fairing.. I cant find one that fits warriors from them

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You'll like them. Be sure to tell them you need the brackets for a Yamaha Star Warrior. Let me know how they work out. They make them to order, it takes a week or so to make, then they send you a email telling you they shipped the bags, and believe it or not they arrive the next day. Talk about fast shipping.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Hey guys im kinda looking into putting a batwing style front fairing on my warrior.. might be breaking tradition but i want the radio, also i want a hardbag only thats similar to that of " say a 2012 HD Streetglide " ( Saddlebags ) anyone wanna point me in the right direction? Pretty Please!!!!
Right Here......if that is your style.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys Im new here and will be posting pics of my o7 soon but I also am interested in the batwing or something like it. Problem is everywhere I look seems to round out to 500$ and I think that is a little much! thanks guys!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts