RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some bad dealings with Dennis Kirk today, called in today around noon to order a icon vest for the wife as a b-day gift talked to the woman on the phone and tell her that another online store has the same one for a lower price she says we can price match it for you just let me look it up and make sure they have them for that price in that same size. She comes back and says yes they do have them for that price in that size so we will match it for you. then she says wait they want to put this under review because the price is much lower than ours but after they check it then we will call you back to get your CC# I said ok good deal thank. about 5 hours later I call them to add a few more items to the order and the woman says let me check on you other item I said ok she comes back and says looks like the other place no longers has the same size in stock so we can not match the price anymore I tell her well they did at noon today and the other person I talked to even looked it up and seen it was in stock she said sorry cant do anything about it let me transfer you to CS I said ok told the same story to another person and she was like there is nothing I can do about it do you still want to order it at our price I said no not at yalls price she did not let me say anything else just hung up on me. ERR So what do you guys think should I be as mad as I am? It just really ticks me off because prior to this they had been great and in the past few months I have ordered around 3k worth of parts from them.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I would climb the ladder. If you don't like the way it went, tell them so. Most places want to keep customers and you sound like a good one.

Be polite....but expect them to step up for you, be ready if it does not go that way and recognize the only 'pain' you can create is to stop being their customer.

I would have to believe the right manager would do something, climb as high as you need to. I just rented a carpet cleaner from Home Depot and it did not work. Talked to them and they came to my house within an hour to resolve the problem. Business needs us but is not there to be abused....

BTW...check the original store that you said had it to see if it is indeed out of stock now....good information to know as you move forward.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
What's up with all the bad customer service lately? I'd be p!ssed if I got hung up on. Did you even order the other stuff or did they hang up on you first? If you did I would cancel the order.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i did not complete my order before i was hung up on ,and i will not be doing business with them in the future .just a heads up guys

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I would still call back and complain and let them know they lost you as a customer. I'd also let them know that you are a part of a very large mc forum and will be letting us know about your experience.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I would climb the ladder. If you don't like the way it went, tell them so. Most places want to keep customers and you sound like a good one.

Be polite....but expect them to step up for you, be ready if it does not go that way and recognize the only 'pain' you can create is to stop being their customer.

I would have to believe the right manager would do something, climb as high as you need to. I just rented a carpet cleaner from Home Depot and it did not work. Talked to them and they came to my house within an hour to resolve the problem. Business needs us but is not there to be abused....

BTW...check the original store that you said had it to see if it is indeed out of stock now....good information to know as you move forward.
Yes it is time to go up the ladder. I have always had good service from them but now a days you just cant tell. If worse comes remind them of possible negative remarks that will be made on a popular web site.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I agree, stop patronizing them. How can you trust a merchant that goes back on their word? This is a case of poor management. They will lose a lot more than 40 or 50 bucks.:mad:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Wow, that blows!!! I have always had great service with Dennis Kirk pricing matching and all. Talk to a manager and have them look up your purchase history. After they see how much you have purchased from them, maybe they will change their tune and not piss off a loyal customer. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts