RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks goes to the members on this forum, here's another free mod completed. WhenI was searching for this mod I couldn't find any before and after pics so I thought I would try to make a contribution for some of the newbies like me. Thanks for all the knowledge that I've gotten so far and for all the future stuff I'll learn.This site has made me enjoy my machinethat much more.

I took it for a short spin. I didn't notice how much closer the ground was until I came to a stop. I was walking the bike a little bit cause my feet hit the ground sooner. Rolling into the low gears hard gave me more of a arms ripping off of myself feeling. Guess it's because I'm not leaning as far foward now which I like. It seemed like I could still lean the bike left all the way to the edge of the tire before scraping the peg. I had already moved my pegs forward 3" so maybethe pegs aren't affected as muchwith the frame ata slight angle now. Time will tell with the new rear tire I have on her. Leaning right isanother story, my bottom exhaust tip is scraping before I get the beast leaned over very far. I'm gonna have to turn the tips strait out and see how that works. Last time I played with the tips I didn't get the tips lined up with each other and the bottom one is turned down farther than the top as you can see in the pics.

before

after

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
antitech1 said:
Looks so much better, dont it?

Oh yeah, I was giggling like a little school girl when I dragged my wife outside to look at it. The daylight between the tire and fender was driving me nuts. I can finally sleep now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife shows interest when I show her all the little stuff I've done, but Ibet what she's thinkin is when are yougonna get a **** seat that feels better than gettin a gyno exam. She's a trooper though.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Very nice work! You call yourself a newbie?

May I now suggest removing the tire pressure sticker from the rear swing arm, and reoving the passenger seat. The rear seat really changes the lines and flow of the bike. Save the parts though in case the wife gets mad that the seat is gone.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ioriginally thoughtit wasn't that big adeal but I went ahead and lowered mine anyway and was really glad. Looking at your before picture... wow, I can't believe howpoor that looks compared to the lowered look. Nice job on the FnG.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Nice before and after pics. Another free mod is sliding the tubes up in the triple trees to slightly lower the front. No more than 3/4 inch though to prevent your fender from hitting the brake hose bracket.I did it and it levels off the bike nicely.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sin_City_Warrior said:
May I now suggest removing the tire pressure sticker from the rear swing arm, and reoving the passenger seat. The rear seat really changes the lines and flow of the bike. Save the parts though in case the wife gets mad that the seat is gone.

Yeah, I need to get rid of that sticker. I've been putting that offbut Idon't know why. I hate seeing it there, I just don't have the will to remove it. Crazy huh. I hear what your saying about the seat. I've thought about taking it off cause I think your right about the flow of the bike. Only reason I haven't is cause even though it kills her she'll still hop on for the little 15 min. rides to go eat and stuff. I think I wanna get the dual tour corbin so when she aint ridin' I can just slap on my stock seat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jimmy2 said:
Nice before and after pics. Another free mod is sliding the tubes up in the triple trees to slightly lower the front. No more than 3/4 inch though to prevent your fender from hitting the brake hose bracket.I did it and it levels off the bike nicely.

Thanks for the tip. I may have to try that when I get time. Maybe that will keep my exhaust from throwing sparks. I've scratched it three times and theres already a pretty good flat spot.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Little Disclaimer,

I like the Warrior with or without the lowered end.

Thing is, I must be the odd one out, I like it more without the lowering link.

I think it looks better with the space between the tire and fender. Looks more "sporty".

That all said, it looks like you did a great job with it. and about the wife thing, it never changes. I just had her old backrest powder coated black. When I showed it to her, she said, "what did it look like before?" all I said was "chrome." It then donned on her. OH YEAH!!

sheesh. lol

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It looks good. Job well done.

I like the way it looks lowered. I wanted to do mine, until I started scraping my exhaust on right turns, at stock height. The more comfortable I get with the bike, the more I scrape that bottom heat shield. I'm keeping mine at stock height for the sake of performance and handling.

But, I do like the looks of the Warrior when it's lowered.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great! I've been thinking about doing this same mod and after seeing yours I've decided I really need to just do it and stop thinking about it

+1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Jimmy2,

I just sold my Yamaha FZ6 sport bike and bought an 08 Warrior. I love the Warrior but miss the steep lean angles do to the foot pegs. In your picture it looks like you modified and raised your footpegs. Did it help your lean angle and do you know where I can find a kit?

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts