RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guys has anyone used the Bell-Ray 20-50 synthetic motor oil, I read the review on motor oil and it seemed to say that this oil held up the best

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would not use it. Did you read the oil report that a member just posted? What country are you in? Are you only able to get that for a better oil?

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
I guys has anyone used the Bell-Ray 20-50 synthetic motor oil, I read the review on motor oil and it seemed to say that this oil held up the best
The BR synthetic is fine be sure to maintain oil change intervals at max 3000 miles.

The BR Dino oil never impressed me lol. Hey, it's in lots of bike shops so on tour we have all had in put in while we guzzle margaritas and cerveza in some strip club. 😉

I get 6k+ miles from Amsoil and they guarantee the mileage (see their website). I've gone longer than 6k miles and the oil was still slick and zero nada no grit.

I bought a MOCAL adapter (search here) for my spin-on adapter (5-minute mod) so I can still use the Bosch 3323 oil filter. It goes 6k+ miles in synthetic too. Perfect match.

Twice the miles for a couple extra bucks.

Visit the white paper that @mjerney posted, and keep in mind that Amsoil retains correct surface tension even after 6,000 miles. I know it's true. The Warrior motor makes all kinds of noises, right?? It's a beast. It has almost 4" diameter pistons like a Chevy 408ci V8. Nobody gets it until they get brave and ride it awhile. Yet the proper Amsoil let's my beast run free when ever I want. WTF why would I use anything else when I ride mountains and valleys and deserts and coasts and bar-hop and tour and generally want to be confident.

I'm among the lucky ones who bought new and so I know wassup with my ride. But a really great motor oil technology solves a lot and protects a lot. For me it was no-brainer.

All that said, I have used other oils over the 18 years I have had this beast. It's fine. I'm certain there are posts around here. In the final analysis I always feel better when I do oil changes and the old oil is not gritty or funky.

But still, BR synthetic oil is fine. 👌

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sorry I keep thinking of different? Bell-Ray comes in 2 formulations, regular and Mineral based, anyone know which is best for pure beasts
Read through this and see how Bell-Ray fared:

(URL Deleted, broken or redirected, please verify before re-entering)

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
Nothing. When I click the link the screen momentarily flashes then defaults back to the thread. Nothing downloads or opens.

Added:
Okay I copied the link as text and then pasted it into a Google search field in a fresh browser page and it downloaded the report.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nothing. When I click the link the screen momentarily flashes then defaults back to the thread. Nothing downloads or opens.

Added:
Okay I copied the link as text and then pasted it into a Google search field in a fresh browser page and it downloaded the report.
Great glad you managed to download...I cannot understand why it would not open for you when you clicked on the link I posted in this thread...when I click on that link in this thread it opens the page for me immediately.
Anyway I downloaded the file and saved it and now I will post this saved file as an attachment right underneath what I am typing now:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Now I want to go change my oil. Thanks a lot! I just did it in January but after reading that study, well.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts