RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a bit of work on the bike today and I noticed a "knick" in one of the belt teeth.

Further investigation showed up 13 damaged teeth, spaced at 10 teeth intervals.

It looks like it's picked up a stone at some time. I've checked the front and rear pulley and neither

show any signs of damage. It doesn't look like the banding of the belt has been damaged so I'll

just keep an eye on it for now.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It might be worth taking the belt to the dentist
Seriously I would not worry about the little nicks, no pun intended, in your belt. The integrity of the belt should not be compromised.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If you replace the belt I suggest you NOT buy the Dayco Panther belt. They are crap! You'll pay more but stick with the factory belt. I learned the hard way through the purchase of two Panthers and both failed at low mileage (kilometers).

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
looks like it will be ok but i would definitely keep an eye on it, see if you can find something that maybe hitting it when your rolling, is your front pulley tight? better check it to make sure

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
southboundchicken said:
looks like it will be ok but i would definitely keep an eye on it, see if you can find something that maybe hitting it when your rolling, is your front pulley tight? better check it to make sure

I was checking the pulley when I noticed it. Everything is lined up.

Did 150 miles on it today and haven't had any problems.

I am going to get a spare though, just in case.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts