RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the small male part that is welded on the frame whgere the belt gard attaches has broken at the weld on the frame. Tried some JB weld but that didn't hold. Anyone have any "good stuff" that will hold this little piece in place with out taking the tire off and having it spot welded? Not much pressure on it just holds the gard on. Thanks in advance for any help guys

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is this the tab on the top?

Mine broke off, too. I noticed the guard was loose and rubbing against the rear pulley. Turns out, the previous owner had epoxied the tab back on (neglected to tell me that part).

I decided to just remove all the guards at that point. I do have that ugly broken weld sitting on the swingarm, but I'll hopefully be doing a wide tire conversion sometime in the next year, so I'm not worrying about it right now.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Its pretty rare for foriegn material to get caught in the belt (stones, leaves and such) and I have ran my bikes without them since they were bought. Best solution is to cut the other tab and grind them smooth and repaint, since there is no guarantee that after the Tig job it will stay any longer then the original weld unless they really do a good job. JMO

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
FLYING BUTCHER said:
the small male part that is welded on the frame whgere the belt gard attaches has broken at the weld on the frame. Tried some JB weld but that didn't hold. Anyone have any "good stuff" that will hold this little piece in place with out taking the tire off and having it spot welded? Not much pressure on it just holds the gard on. Thanks in advance for any help guys
If you don't want to deal with welding here's a solution:

Most home supply stores carry Aluminum Architectural Shapes that have square corners such as shown here: http://www.metalsdepot.com/products/alum2.phtml?page=aangle&LimAcc=$LimAcc

You'll need to rip/shorten 1-leg thatfaces the swing arm and attach with a flat head countersunk machine screw & thd lock. You'll want to keep the leg as short as possible for looks if the rear tab.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I agree, have not had guards on for 4years with no problems.I left them on the arm even with the 240 for safety when my daughter can ride with me.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i cut my lower tab off a long time ago and have only my upper guard on because its chrome and adds a little bling bling but if it wasnt for that i'd cut the upper one also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts