RS Warrior Forum banner

Belt Guard

Tags
belt guard
917 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Stryder1956 
#1 ·
What are cons of taking the belt guard off of a Warrior? I think it looks good without it.

#2 ·
Like any guard it is there to protect the belt. Sometimes riding down dirt roads stones can be kicked yo and chip your paint on your fender. The bottom guard does more good as it stops stones being thrown up and jamming in your belt. If this happens they can punch holes through your belt thus weakening it. I don’t have a top guard, but would like one for looks as to me it just finishes off the rear end nicely.

#3 ·
Yes Sir you are right in the safety part. I am looking to start de-chroming my bike little by little, thought I’d start with the east to reach stuff. I think it should be ok to have it off and ride while the part is getting the chrome removed and repainted/powder coated.

#6 ·
Its all up to how clean the roads are and how many dirt driveways and roads etc you need to use. And passenger safety plays into it too.

I once saw a bike roll over a plastic bag blowing along the road and it got picked up in his open belt and instantly went around and got tangled so went around several times shredding to bits. It startled the rider and he darn near rode off the paved road. It was funny to see but only because no harm done. What are the odds.

#9 ·
The comment about the belt kicking up stones and being lodged in the belt causing damage to the belt actually came from Harley riders who live on unsealed roads out in the bush. They each have said it’s not big stones but the little ones that get picked up run through the rear cog and jammed in. The just wear the belt from the inside so you don’t notice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.