RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up the Motion Pro Belt Tension Guage and noticed that it doesn't fit between the belt guards (looks like it is designed for 1.5 to 2 inch belt). Before I shave it down, does everyone else have this problem? Am I using it correctly (hold it by the rubber end and push the metal end against the belt)? I have never used one of these things before, but I heard correct belt tension is very important on the warrior. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Pictures, we need pictures, seriously some pictures would help. I've never seen motion pros tension guage.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Looks just like the Harley gauge I had. Easy fix is simply to unscrew the U-shaped bracket, flatten the ears on an anvil and then bend them back with the appropriate fitment.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just bought the harley guage on Sunday, $16 on sale at a local dealership. Looks just like that one. The instructions reference marks on Harley belt guards. I'm running with No belt guards upper or lower so I how do you determine the right tension?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Metrickkruzer always has my back, thats the one. I heard that the rubber end is supposed to push against the belt, but that makes no sense. What is the bracket on the other end for? Before I rebend the bracket has anyone else done this? If you don't have you belt guards in place you can use a ruler to measure the deflection of the belt. FYI.. Belt guards prevent rocks from getting between the belt and pulley and breaking the $420.00 belt!

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Did you say the belt guards prevent rocks from getting out and cause you to break the $420.00 belt?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The U-shaped bracket is a saddle that the belt is supposed to fit into. You push on the rubber end of the tool with your hand or finger until it reaches the marked 10 lbs of force. While it is at 10 lbs of force, you read the belt deflection.

With my Harley belt tension tool, the U shaped saddle was too wide to fit into the lower guard. I reset the shape to make it narrower so that it could cradle the belt while fitting into the guard. If you don't have a lower guard, that's not necessary!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like it time to bend the bracket, thanks Stiletto!

Cadfather- the belt guard prevents rocks from getting stuck between the $420 belt and the pulley.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Oh you mean when a rock gets in there the belt gaurd keeps it from getting out and the only place it has to go is into the $420.00 belt, right? [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] I'm just messin with you, but I took my lower one off 2 years ago

1 - 11 of 11 Posts