RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, getting ready to put a new michelin pilot on the rear and want to know how to properly tighten the belt without the belt tensioner tool.any tricks or ideas greatly appreciated[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].Thanks Dwayne

·
Registered
756 Posts
This always got the tension pretty close for me.

I placed two fingers on a bathroom scales and pressed hard enough to register 10 lbs. I done this enough times to get the feel down pat. Then adjust it like the manual says.

Pay attention to wheel alignment when adjusting the tension. If the wheel is aligned correctly the belt will ride left of center...not quite touching the left side of the pulley rim. If the belt rides in the center or to the right of center...your alignment is off. The axle adjusting marks on the Warrior are pretty accurate. They ain't worth a **** on the Road Star...unless they've changed them since my 99 Road Star.

You can double check alignment by measuring from the center of the swing arm pivot bolt cover to the center of the axle shaft on both sides of the bike.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ,I will be changing it this week before I leave for N.H.I have almost 5000miles on the original bridgestone.lots of tire smoking and hard riding.Could probably get a few more out of it but dont want to take a chance on it on a long trip. P.S-any other warrior riders going to the winston cup race in New Hampshire? later Dwayne

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one more question. I just took the rear wheel off to get the new tire on it tomorrow and I see theres no grease on the axle.should I grease the axle before putting it back together?Any other bike I have been around always had a greased axle. sorry I have two questions- When I took the wheel off I scratched the wheel with the go**amn brake caliper.any ideas to get rid of the scratches?I tried autosol and a rubbing compound.Didnt help.And I was worried about the dealer doing it.GO FIGURE. Thanks Dwayne..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by islecruiser
Nope no grease. Bearings are lubed an sealed maybe a little never seaze to keep the rust off it, and yea that caliper mount is pretty ruthless unfortunately the wheel is plastic coated[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]. You might get away with sanding the scratch and hitting it with rattle can clear. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Neck,there was a little rust in one spot ,so I will use the never seize.appreciate the tip on the scratch as well.I'm really pi$$ed at myself.later Dwayne..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts