RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys got information on led headlight conversion for the warrior. Sizes, specifications, does and don'ts etc. Any tips on products, fitments etc greatly appreciated. Cheers 馃憤. Frec 馃嚞馃嚙

Super Moderator
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
This is just a lightbulb but thought I might pass it on for you. Its not a complete LED conversion for the Warrior but it felt the same for me and it gave me the ability to start cheap and decide if I ever wanted to go the more costly route.

Here is what I personally have and think is great. It's bright, white, and took only a few minutes to change out. It gave my 2004 an updated cleaner look. The price was right for me too.
Link to Motorcycle Headlight Bulb
Product Font Material property Audio equipment Electronic device

Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
This is just a lightbulb but thought I might pass it on for you. Its not a complete LED conversion for the Warrior but it felt the same for me and it gave me the ability to start cheap and decide if I ever wanted to go the more costly route.

Here is what I personally have and think is great. It's bright, white, and took only a few minutes to change out. It gave my 2004 an updated cleaner look. The price was right for me too.
Link to Motorcycle Headlight Bulb
View attachment 257506
I second that. Not sure if that鈥檚 exactly what I have or not but WOW!! what a difference in visibility!! Highly recommend just swapping bulbs. Been very happy with it!

Registered
I got the Cyclops with the upgraded high beam (uses the low beam LED's) since it was only a few $$ more. Very happy with it, you can see it here:

Recently I bought an '02 Fatboy and was extremely disappointed in that the headlight is a huge bulb - like old school big, not a lens with a replaceable bulb! What were they thinking?? Even my '82 Honda CB900 had a replaceable bulb. Good grief - anyway, went with a $50 Amazon LED bulb assembly and it works fine, but I would rather have had a lens and another Cyclops.

Raz

Super Moderator
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
I got the Cyclops with the upgraded high beam (uses the low beam LED's) since it was only a few $$ more. Very happy with it, you can see it here:

Recently I bought an '02 Fatboy and was extremely disappointed in that the headlight is a huge bulb - like old school big, not a lens with a replaceable bulb! What were they thinking?? Even my '82 Honda CB900 had a replaceable bulb. Good grief - anyway, went with a $50 Amazon LED bulb assembly and it works fine, but I would rather have had a lens and another Cyclops.

Raz
I clicked on the video to go and give you a "Like". But as soon as I got there, I realized I already did in the past. At some point in the past I guess I already watched the video. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
This is just a lightbulb but thought I might pass it on for you. Its not a complete LED conversion for the Warrior but it felt the same for me and it gave me the ability to start cheap and decide if I ever wanted to go the more costly route...
What CUS and RG said.

I went this way too. Very bright and more of a horizontal beam that covers ditch to ditch. Oddly enough, low beam does a much better job overall than high.

Reactions: catchinganupshift

Registered
2005 Yamaha Road Star Warrior Midnight
I鈥檝e seen a few guys use this. Seems to be hard to beat for the price. I鈥檓 going to order one soon

Akmties 5.75 inch LED Headlight Parking Light Kit with Bracket Compatible for Yamaha XVS650 Custom, XSR900, XSR700, XJR1300, XVS950, Bolt, Raider, (Stryker 2011-2017) https://a.co/d/0FGqHCH

Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
I鈥檝e seen a few guys use this. Seems to be hard to beat for the price. I鈥檓 going to order one soon

Akmties 5.75 inch LED Headlight Parking Light Kit with Bracket Compatible for Yamaha XVS650 Custom, XSR900, XSR700, XJR1300, XVS950, Bolt, Raider, (Stryker 2011-2017) https://a.co/d/0FGqHCH
I think you'll need the rubber ring to properly fit. Seems to be a recurring theme that the extra ring is always needed. I think it's posted here somewhere if you do some searching for LED headlight ring.

Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
You are correct
So does the unit fit inside the stock bucket or in place of it?

And what "rubber ring" are you guys talking about?

Thanks.

Registered
2005 Yamaha Road Star Warrior Midnight
So does the unit fit inside the stock bucket or in place of it?

And what "rubber ring" are you guys talking about?

Thanks.
Yes, it fits inside the factory bucket. Comes with its own mounting hardware. And I believe it鈥檚 a direct plug in unit. Requires a rubber ring like this to fill in the cap between the headlight unit and the bucket bezel

MTC 20073/28-0223/67719-63 Mounting Rubber Ring (Special models) Amazon.com: MTC 20073/28-0223/67719-63 Mounting Rubber Ring (Special models) : Automotive

Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
Yep. Watch the video in this thread. Super helpful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts