RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the garage staring at my bike and dreamin about pavement and got to wondering what the best mod for the dollar is. Mine is piped (HardKrome Double D's w/pcIII) along with some minor bolt on cosmetics but what is the next best mod for the dollar? I think faster is better!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Check out some profiles there are many mods that cost you nothing but the time you stick into it.... Good luck and have fun

·
Registered
592 Posts
I remember doing that one day. Sitting in the garage admiring my bike and daydreaming about what I want to do to it. Next thing you know I'm broke. It started with a mud flap fender chop and BAM!!! One mod led to another and another etc.... LoL... Dave I think a pipe and PCIII is a great start. I wish you well Bro.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I know what you mean, although this doesn't fall under the best mod for the dollar, I went down and ordered my speed star exhaust today.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
some one say broke!!! i am officially broke....best mod for the dollar would be hiding all your left side fuel lines and regulator...costs aobut 10 bucks conservitavely....

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Ais block off, You can make your own block off plates. coils & sensor relocation, See redhorse's how to, Practically free,loose the stock air box and all off the crap attached to it and put in a Big Air kit.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I can only hide money and mods from my wife for so long. Eventually she is going to notice my bike looks a little different. Look at my almost stock pic, and then check out the others, she still has no idea.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Oh boy! I love this thread. This thread is my motto. The only things I've spent money on are pipes, pc3, and ufo light. Everything else is just my own labor. If you're going for a shiny look like I did, you can spend time polishing. If you're into the blacked-out look, you can take off parts one by one and spray paint them your favorite color of black.

I think the biggest bang for my time has been cleanup work. Hiding the coils and sensors. Right side foot area cleanup by moving the banjo, horn and return spring. Handlebar cleanup by wiring internally and removing one of the throttle cables. General bracket removal and hiding stuff under the tank. Moving the rear brake reservoir under the frame. The back end is very easy to cleanup. Take off belt guards(personal preference) and grind down mounting tabs. Remove 3 spokes on the pulley to make it look just like the rim. Man, I can go on and on...

I've spent so much time doing this, I've forgotten what a stock bike looks like and I can't remember all that I've done.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Hmmm... http://www.imosh.com/SPIKES.htm

Insert Image:

33.86KB

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
You got the pipes and pcIII but are missing the real punch the bike has if you don't do the BAK and AIOS block-off. All that can be done with hand made parts. You need more air in for those open pipes!

·
Registered
803 Posts
quote:Originally posted by meamor

I can only hide money and mods from my wife for so long. Eventually she is going to notice my bike looks a little different. Look at my almost stock pic, and then check out the others, she still has no idea.
Oh she knows[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Just wait until she finds something she really wants. Then she'll let you know exactly what you have done to your bike[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I cant beleive you are giving away your secret spiked stud site ShaGGGG. [:0]Now everyone will have a bike like yours.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]quote:Originally posted by Shag

Insert Image:

33.86 KB

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

A good Exhaust System......

I'm not sure What DarkStar meant but I agree. My definition of GOOD is one that makes power and doesn't take it away. I'm a big Speedstar 2-1-2 fan.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I was feeling guilty about not sharing my source because I knew so many other people were yearning to copy my spike mod. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

quote:Originally posted by xharleyrdr

I cant beleive you are giving away your secret spiked stud site ShaGGGG. [:0]Now everyone will have a bike like yours.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]quote:Originally posted by Shag

Insert Image:

33.86 KB

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
quote:Originally posted by flyhigh57x

I was in the garage staring at my bike and dreamin about pavement and got to wondering what the best mod for the dollar is. what is the next best mod for the dollar?

I had to pay dollars for ALL my mods. What are you using?
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Sorry, couldn't resist

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
DIY BAK kit. It will cost you about $70 and will really take advantage of having the PCIII.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts