RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the best place to get replacement rear tires is online. I've checked the "Links" section of the forum, but nothing stands out. Can somebody help me narrow my search and point me to the "best and competitively priced" site to get replacement rear tires? I'm interested in a Metzeler 210. Thanks.

JRM

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Phats will give you an additional 5% off if you put rswarrior.com in the coupon section of the site and there prices are very competitive and with free shipping on orders above $100.00 and being site supporters thats where I shop..

You can always try this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Roadstar-Warrior-Bridgestone-200-50-ZR17-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQitemZ4577554472QQrdZ1

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Suggest you search the web for best prices including shipping for tire specials.
Last year i purchased the Metzler 880 210/50ZR17 for $143.95 landed at my door from MAW:http://www.mawonline.com/
They were on sale during November 2004 for $135.95 + $8.00 frt and no hdlg chg.
EDITED:If Phats will give 5% rswarrior discount off their current advertised price of 152.95 x .95 = 145.30 That's a great deal based on today's prices.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Dennis Kirk will beat any advertised tire price by $1.00 & free shipping. I've had great luck with DK
Mike

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Dennis Kirk is the way to go for me too. Find your best price, DK will beat it by a buck, shipping and tracking is very reliable.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found the Metzeler ME880 Marathon XXL 210/50ZR17 for $155 from wwww.mawonline.com. Seems like a good deal.

JRM

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I tried Dennis Kirk but they do not stock the size in dunlop. But you are wanting the 210 met, maybe they have it. Good luck.

·
Registered
764 Posts
mawonline takes a long time to process and ship your order. If you find it close to there price I would buy it there. The last two times I ordered from them it took close to three weeks to get my tires. I called to try to get a 240 for the kit I bought and needed it in 5-7 days they said it would be an extra $100 to get it in days. I found another site and paid $15 more and received it in three days including the day I ordered it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ended up ordering the Metzeler thru DennisKirk. They said I should see it in three to four days. Summer's fading fast... hope they're right.

JRM

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Try a site supporter first. Lowest buck is not always best. I won't deal with Dennis Kirk on principal. They don't advertise good prices so they fleece most people but they lure us away from better suppliers ie site suporters by the 'beat by a buck' principal. Ritchie has been exceptionally good for me.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sleepylineback

Beware of Dennis Kirk, their idea of customer service is NO SERVICE![xx(]
I'd have to disagree with that. Bought probably six sets of tires from DK, and each and every time had nothing but courteous service over the phone and prompt delivery. They do an excellent job IMHO of keeping the buyer aware of what the order status is and when to expect it via their online system, without you having to constantly call and follow up on your own, as I have found with some smaller discount tire vendors. Even when an Avon front I ordered was out of stock, they continuously kept be aware of what the status was, when it was coming in and when it would ship out via email without me having to make a single call to them. Nice.

On the rare occasion that I have had to return something to them (never had to return a tire), I got an RMA and credit promptly.

DK is great if they stock what you want. Yeah I don't care for their high "regular" prices but I ignore that since I never, never, ever buy anything without researching my best price online first. I've had order processing issues with some others like DTMA (order "fell through the cracks" and did not ship and not sure who took my order in the first place, or their online system never posted my order even after issuing me a confirmation).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts