RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one!!! after deep and hard work on my Warrior. i got to the point that my ECU is not working.
Now I am in search for one new or use depend of the prices.
any ideas or suggestion for pleases or people who my have it and willing to sell it.
thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
They pop up here in the for-sale classifieds and/or in the Warrior bits for-sale classifieds. Any model year works, most prefer 2003-or-newer. There is an "About ECU's" thread you'll find handy.

May I ask how you determined the ECU has cooked? They are very durable and seldom fail. Many buy a new unit and discover Oops it did not fix anything. Figured I would ask.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They pop up here in the for-sale classifieds and/or in the Warrior bits for-sale classifieds. Any model year works, most prefer 2003-or-newer. There is an "About ECU's" thread you'll find handy.

May I ask how you determined the ECU has cooked? They are very durable and seldom fail. Many buy a new unit and discover Oops it did not fix anything. Figured I would ask.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bike did not wanted to start.
Check eng light flashing while the key on On position. No starter at all
I checked all electronic and electrical components and all off them working.
The only one thing I can not check it's ECU.
So I guess I am not wrong.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Did you by chance disconnect the battery then gently unplug the ecu and brush the pins looking for a bent or cracked one, plug side too plus the plug wire ends.

The e-copy of the service manual has a couple causes of your symptom. I know you've already been there so the ecu as above is my only suggestion. Hoping for the best!

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
ECU frying is not as likely but not out of this realm.
I do remember that you did some work and you came to the conclusion it was a starter relay. Did you ever buy a new one? Did you buy and OEM unit? 9 times out of 10 the "compatible" relays do not work on the Warrior.

Also before buying an ECU maybe there is a Warrior brother close by that can swap out his ECU and see how your Warrior behaves.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Okay page 6-5

Warning light flashing at key-on but will not start. Most often the clock will display a number but not always.

12 means no CPS signal.
19 means side stand.
30 means LAS signal indicates a fall.
41 means bad switch inside LAS.
50 means ECU memory check error.

If there is no error code but light is flashing as above at key-on, then:

1a. Sit on bike, raise kickstand, put in neutral, pull in clutch lever, turn on key and press start.
1b. VERIFY the Fuel Injection / Start Logic relay (part number varies by model year).
1c. Use screwdriver handle to gently tap tap tap the LAS body (behind kickstand).

2a. VERIFY available battery voltage including clean tight POS and NEG cables both ends.
2b. VERIFY starter solenoid (has two 30a fuses one of which is a spare). Only buy from Yamaha, resellers most often send the wrong part.
2c. VERIFY starter cable both ends.

Chapter 6 has more help including sequences.

My hope is you dig into this because some shop is likely to happily charge you for a new ECU when it's best to understand the ECU is like a traffic light, it get or does not get expected signals and does what it's program tells it to do, INCLUDING DOING NOTHING.

The mere fact you have a blinking light is not enough to pop for a new ECU. But its your wallet.

If you get thru these and no joy then let us know here in this thread in case. Although dim there could still be other undocumented causes that are not coming to mind at this moment.

MY BAD, I incorrectly said 'while pressing buttons when it is actually 'at key on its fixed above, my apology.

Good luck with your repair.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay page 6-5

Warning light flashing while starting but will not start. Most often when you release the button the clock will display a number but not always.

12 means no CPS signal.
19 means side stand.

If there is no error code but light is flashing as above while starting, then:

1a. Sit on bike, raise kickstand, put in neutral, pull in clutch lever, turn on key and press start.
1b. VERIFY the Fuel Injection / Start Logic relay.
1c. Use screwdriver handle to gently tap tap tap the LAS body (behind kickstand).

2a. VERIFY available battery voltage including clean tight POS and NEG cables both ends.
2b. VERIFY starter solenoid (has two 30a fuses one of which is a spare). Only buy from Yamaha.

My hope is you dig into this because some shop is likely to happily charge you for a new ECU when it's best to understand the ECU is like a traffic light, it get or does not get expected signals and does what it's program tells it to do, INCLUDING DOING NOTHING.

The mere fact you have a blinking light is not enough to pop for a new ECU. But its your wallet.

If you get thru these and no joy then let us know here in this thread in case. Although dim there could still be other undocumented causes that are not coming to mind at this moment.
It is not
U could get a ebay money back garantee try n n return it 30day return policy
What would you like to get for it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you by chance disconnect the battery then gently unplug the ecu and brush the pins looking for a bent or cracked one, plug side too plus the plug wire ends.

The e-copy of the service manual has a couple causes of your symptom. I know you've already been there so the ecu as above is my only suggestion. Hoping for the best!
I did everything possible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay page 6-5

Warning light flashing while starting but will not start. Most often when you release the button the clock will display a number but not always.

12 means no CPS signal.
19 means side stand.

If there is no error code but light is flashing as above while starting, then:

1b. VERIFY the Fuel Injection / Start Logic relay.

2b. VERIFY starter solenoid (has two 30a fuses one of which is a spare). Only buy from Yamaha.

I have a E-Copy of manual , and did all diagnoses process. I guess I know the chapter 5&6 like my five fingers. I never went to any garages with my bike and I would not do it in the future. but unfortunately it is what it is.
I dot want to ask any of others warrior brothers to use their ECU to check my bike simply because I am not sure what cause this issue on my bike and don't wanted to put in dangerous situation somebody's bike.
Manual says that there is possibility of error code #50 which is ECU memory check error and it my not display it on diagnoses mode.
Just to be clear. the light is flashing after I am put the key to on position and not when I am trying to push start button.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ECU frying is not as likely but not out of this realm.
I do remember that you did some work and you came to the conclusion it was a starter relay. Did you ever buy a new one? Did you buy and OEM unit? 9 times out of 10 the "compatible" relays do not work on the Warrior.

Also before buying an ECU maybe there is a Warrior brother close by that can swap out his ECU and see how your Warrior behaves.
Yes it is me . I did buy one and I was wrong it is not starter relay

·
Registered
2002 yamaha warrior
315 Posts
It's my spare i could only offer to let try if u were close enuff to feel comfortable

·
Registered
2002 yamaha warrior
315 Posts
Just saw new warrior part our on ebay 300 ecm n 200$ tank lots of good parts parts out of Canada im but done also boulevard windshield for 100$

1 - 20 of 42 Posts