RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
If there are no codes at all then in this case the ECU is still working to the extent its fuel injection blocking is working (its the subroutine that triggers the flashing check engine light).

I remember a very old post where this happened once before. I'm going to do a few advanced searches. Maybe get lucky and find it. [adding: it was related to a recent mod so does not seem to apply here]

Also, do you have power to the handlebar on-off switch (red-white comes from battery via keyswitch) and when 'on' is there also power on the black-red (powers fuel injection relay and ignition coils).

Since you ran Diagnostics the clock display must be working. And you must have had NO codes in history.

Did this begin subsequent to a repair or mod?

I am guessing your primary language is French, which I do not speak. But you seem to be communicating plenty good enough so I don't feel like there is a communication language barrier. I admire multi-lingual people.

Unfortunately this is everything I can bring to the table trying to help you. I look forward to learning from you how this is fixed. Dead ECU's here are rare. The more we learn while helping you troubleshoot the more we can help others in the future. Good luck with your repair. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If there are no codes at all then in this case the ECU is still working to the extent its fuel injection blocking is working (its the subroutine that triggers the flashing check engine light).

I remember a very old post where this happened once before. I'm going to do a few advanced searches. Maybe get lucky and find it.
Will wait for it may be it's will solve the problem
Just saw new warrior part our on ebay 300 ecm n 200$ tank lots of good parts parts out of Canada im but done also boulevard windshield for 100$
any chance you can share a link for it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

I remember a very old post where this happened once before. I'm going to do a few advanced searches. Maybe get lucky and find it. [adding: it was related to a recent mod so does not seem to apply here]

Also, do you have power to the handlebar on-off switch (red-white comes from battery via keyswitch) and when 'on' is there also power on the black-red (powers fuel injection relay and ignition coils).

Since you ran Diagnostics the clock display must be working. And you must have had NO codes in history.

Did this begin subsequent to a repair or mod?

I am guessing your primary language is French, which I do not speak. But you seem to be communicating plenty good enough so I don't feel like there is a communication language barrier. I admire multi-lingual people.

Unfortunately this is everything I can bring to the table trying to help you. I look forward to learning from you how this is fixed. Dead ECU's here are rare. The more we learn while helping you troubleshoot the more we can help others in the future. Good luck with your repair. :)

My first language is Russian, but i can speak multiple languages, like Ukrainian, English, Hebrew. and yes I don't have language barrier :LOL:.
So its started with symptoms of click of death, small clicking sound while bike is off, and it is drain my battery. so i hade to change my battery, after installation of new battery bike started no problem. few days after its did it again (click of death) and after that bike did not wanted to start.
the key in ON position, flashing light, no start, by NO START I meant while I pushing press button there is no starter.
that why I whet to the starter relay and I short it to check if my starter would turn over, and it does turned over and started the bike. then I shut the bike off and tried to start it again by pressing push button (same , no start) which is pointed me on starter relay.

Brand new relay (which purchased from FortNine like OEM part. did not solved the problem.
So I tried one more time to short the relay, the bike turned over but did not started at this point. which pointed me to Ignition system ( fuel/spark plugs/coils......) . after checking all of components by diagnoses procedure no issues was founded on any off them.

About the bike.
Bigbore kit ( NOT sure if i spelled it right)
Open intake.
power commander 3.

I have this bike for almost two years and I really in love with it babe so there is no chance I would give up, this baby will run again!!!

·
Registered
2002 yamaha warrior
315 Posts
I sent u the link 300 is pretty decent if ur in a pinch which u are i would definitely have bought it if I didn't already have 2

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
@3EBC

You have not fixed you bike's click of death?

Every time you shut off your bike the battery will be drained in an hour or two. It will be dead. It IS dead, incapable. It cannot be recharged and that it why your light is flashing.

You need to fix your click of death. Search, pick a fix, do the fix, verify the fix. Then buy a replacement battery that is at minimum as powerful as stock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
@3EBC

You have not fixed you bike's click of death?

Every time you shut off your bike the battery will be drained in an hour or two. It will be dead. It IS dead, incapable. It cannot be recharged and that it why your light is flashing.

You need to fix your click of death. Search, pick a fix, do the fix, verify the fix. Then buy a replacement battery that is at minimum as powerful as stock.
I am sorry to correct you but it is could be recharge. Any way i fixed it just wanted to tell you all story.
Did you find the old post that you was taking about?

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
I found the old post, it was not helpful, I added a note into my earlier post that same day.

Okay so let's look at which method you used to fix the click of death and see if that repair part has failed.

Other than the suggestions already posted here, I have no further suggestions. Let us know what you do to get it back on the road.

I'd still enjoy seeing pictures of your hot rod.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I know this may have already been done,
But please check/double check your fuses located under the seat.
I had the 10 amp ignition fuse blow and my bike acted just like yours.
All the lights came on, but no fuel pump or cranking of the engine.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,052 Posts
Okay page 6-5

Warning light flashing at key-on but will not start. Most often the clock will display a number but not always.

12 means no CPS signal.
19 means side stand.
30 means LAS signal indicates a fall.
41 means bad switch inside LAS.
50 means ECU memory check error.

If there is no error code but light is flashing as above at key-on, then:

1a. Sit on bike, raise kickstand, put in neutral, pull in clutch lever, turn on key and press start.
1b. VERIFY the Fuel Injection / Start Logic relay (part number varies by model year).
1c. Use screwdriver handle to gently tap tap tap the LAS body (behind kickstand).

2a. VERIFY available battery voltage including clean tight POS and NEG cables both ends.
2b. VERIFY starter solenoid (has two 30a fuses one of which is a spare). Only buy from Yamaha, resellers most often send the wrong part.
2c. VERIFY starter cable both ends.

Chapter 6 has more help including sequences.

My hope is you dig into this because some shop is likely to happily charge you for a new ECU when it's best to understand the ECU is like a traffic light, it get or does not get expected signals and does what it's program tells it to do, INCLUDING DOING NOTHING.

The mere fact you have a blinking light is not enough to pop for a new ECU. But its your wallet.

If you get thru these and no joy then let us know here in this thread in case. Although dim there could still be other undocumented causes that are not coming to mind at this moment.

MY BAD, I incorrectly said 'while pressing buttons when it is actually 'at key on its fixed above, my apology.

Good luck with your repair.
What he said.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Если что, есть мозги 03+. Совершенно рабочие. Отправить могу хоть на луну. Меня знают и тут, и по ту сторону океана)))

Sorry for different simbols)))

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Если что, есть мозги 03+. Совершенно рабочие. Отправить могу хоть на луну. Меня знают и тут, и по ту сторону океана)))

Sorry for different simbols)))
Спасибо но я уже нашол один..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So back to my story.
The bike is a live.
Solution is stupid now when I have two ECU.
It wasn't ECU, after plug in new ECU I got same result. So I thought I will start over again and like I mentioned below I have code 38 Wich is up to manual should not effect ability to start and drive the bike.
Well it's WRONG!!!
I decided to change the decompression solenoid.
So once I plugged in the new one, everything is gone, no flash light, no codes. And bike start right away.
Thanks for all you guys for your help may be my experience will be helpful for some one else. 😊

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Yes it's correct no codes at all

Okay that is good news but the Code 38 has not been mentioned in this thread, I just re-read. I understood there were no codes showing and none in history. Now I'm thinking the code 38 on the gauge was just one of several codes in ecu history. But it does not matter because even with the translations you did great work in getting to the cause and fixing it. I'm happy you are here!!

Do you think the code 38 was stored in the replacement ecu memory?

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Bro glad you got it sorted out. Like I had said before I have been around plenty of Warriors personally and on this forum for a long time and the percentages of ECU going bad is very very very low.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts