RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 8 days 1100 miles trip with my daughter I noticed rear tires wear wearing down quickly. I took it to nearest shop (it was a big motorcycle store) they didn't have our 200 size then they gave me the option to place 190 sports bike tire and I accepted it. I immediately noticed the difference, more agile and quick response. I still have it on right now and now thinking of sticking with 190 rather than 200's.

·
Registered
310 Posts
keep in mind the 200/50 is an odd size.
i went with a 200/55 on the rear. a few more options.
i did the pirelli diablo corsa 3 but it's triple compound but has a profile more designed for twisties.
you may want to consider a 190 tire. if youre road trip is a lot of highway, it'll stretch the tire a bit, giving a larger contact on the straights.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Started with Shinko 016 x2 Verge. Good tire. Up to 12.000km as new. After it a noticeable degradation to 15.000km. From 15 to 18.000 terrible tire))) The number two of a resourse in my practice. Used it the parameters 200/50/17

The second tire was Pirelli Diablo. I have not tried anything better in terms of reliability and stability of control. Perfectly controlled in the rain. Hard rain? 5cm of water on the road? Not a problem, burn fast as 100 miles per hour and above)) But ended in less than 10.000km. Used it the parameters 240/40/18

The third was Metzeler ME880. The terrible quality of management, skolzskaya. Braked only confidently. But in the rain, I was tired of driving and catching it, constantly dropping the rear wheel. Funny only! From the neighboring cars showed a thumbs up and praised the engine, and I replied that in fact the tire is ****))) This tire went less than 15.000km. Used it the parameters 240/40/18

The fourth was Dunlop Elite E3 from the trash. I do not know how much she was lying there in the water. But it was better than ME880. I rolled around on it another 3.000km approximately. Used in the parameters 240/40/18

The fifth was Avon Cobra. The first 2.000km she surprised me. Not very well controlled and braked, but smoothly everything returned to normal. Passed about 12.500km on it and measured the rest of the resource - 50%. Following was a long journey, so replaced it to the same new. And again I was horrified that the new was worse than the old. And so about 2.000km continued. After it became better. Drove her about 13.000km and she still has 50% of the resource left. So far this is my choice. Used it the parameters 240/40/18 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
672 Posts
The second tire was Pirelli Diablo. I have not tried anything better in terms of reliability and stability of control. Perfectly controlled in the rain. Hard rain? 5cm of water on the road? Not a problem, burn fast as 100 miles per hour and above)) But ended in less than 10.000km. Used it the parameters 240/40/18
::
Sounds like these would be the best option. My question is would a 190 in this fit the stock rear tire? And would it look much smaller on the back then a 200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Now this tire is almost impossible to find in Russia. I am not aware of the situation in the world, but the problems with their deliveries began a year or two ago. Since then, none of our could not buy it in any size. Check the info in official Pirelli site.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts