RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this kind of thread has been posted in the past but I wanted to share some first hand info with you Midnite guys. I've owned my bike for a little over a year now and have had the chance to use several different types and brands of polish and wax on my black paint. So far I've used Meguire's, Eagle One Wet, Nu Finish, Ice, Mothers, Turtle Wax Color Magic (black), regular paste Turtle Wax, 3M Cleaner Wax, and Zymol.

I last used Zymol and it is the best finishing product, by far, that I've used on any vehicle I've owned. I keep my bike uncovered in my garage and Zymol seems to repell dust much better than the others and gives the paint an extremely smooth "wet" look. I've ridden my bike twice since I last applied this product and the bike still looks like I just washed and waxed it with very little dust accumulation.

Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
135 Posts
i hate to say it but the honda spray polish is the best! use it on everything from the bikes to the quads to the cars! pretty cheap too

·
Registered
946 Posts
Though my warrior is not a midnight I've used several different kinds of wax myself. I normally use the Turtle Wax ice. It's easy and looks **** good once its put on per the directions. I was at Ruckus' house the other night though and he use's the spray can stuff. Its call Honda wax. I'm sure others have heard of it. He sprayed it on is his midnight warrior and the thing looked like water was running over the tank constantly. I was pretty amazed at how the stuff worked. I used some on my bike and was equally impressed. It actually reacted twice as good on mine combining with the turtle wax ice that was already on my bike. Just a little FYI. I have used Zymol in the past and do agree though, it's some good stuff. Not sure its as good as the Honda spray stuff that Ruckus uses...Hit him up..he'll tell you all about it.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
Iv'e used just about everything out there. I now use S100,and to me it's been the best so far. Goes on fast and easy, and wipes off clean. I have the black cherry,and it makes the paint look a lot deeper. Richer looking paint. S100 has the spray cleaner,and the carnuba wax. The carnuba wax has bee's wax in with it.Good Stuff.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hmmmm, I'll have to ask my wife what polish she's using on my bike every 2-3 days. Never really thought about it. It looks good though *shrugs* I'll ask her when she's done picking the stones out of my tire tread this evening!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ruckus said:
Hmmmm, I'll have to ask my wife what polish she's using on my bike every 2-3 days. Never really thought about it. It looks good though *shrugs* I'll ask her when she's done picking the stones out of my tire tread this evening!

I take it the wife has no access to this forum!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ruckus said:

Does she run a training camp? My wife was born and raised in Tampa so the next time we are there visiting family maybe she can attend the training camp. LOL.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Infidel said:
Does she run a training camp? My wife was born and raised in Tampa so the next time we are there visiting family maybe she can attend the training camp. LOL.
LOL, I run the "Your house MY way, Ruckus school of charm" here locally.....lol!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ruckus said:
Infidel said:
LOL, I run the "Your house MY way, Ruckus school of charm" here locally.....lol!

Sign us up. My wife is great she does just about everything I tell her, I mean ask her to do. She just isn't waxing the beast (the bike) and picking the stones out of the tire yet. This is partly my fault because she still isn't allowed to touch it. Only admire from a distance.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Infidel said:
fake said:
www.zainobros.com

I've used this stuff for over 7 years. Best stuff out there for black vehicles

Fake,

Very nice. What kind of prep work did you do prior to waxing? clay bar? I have a black 07 Silverado and it could use some waxing like this.

Those are not my vehicles. Those were taken off the site. If I still had pics of my black Mustang GT, I would post them My GT looked just like those cars in the pic. Ya, it is recommended that you clay it and strip everything to bare paint/clear coat. From there you put the polish on it.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

Sorry, had to do it. Flames rule boyz!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts