RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has been, in your experience, the best way to ship large parts? I have some spare Warrior rims (front & back) that I would like to sell as I traded my bike. I'm assuming it's a pain to ship and expensive. I believe I heard both the size & weight now factors into shipping. Any suggestions on packing other than just wrapping them in cardboard?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I have used UPS and USPS to ship those type of items. UPS is good as they will make you a box to fit and pack the item. If not needed, then USPS has been more cost effective.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
I've used both ..
My experience is that you need to make the box as small as possible....
Cause if the box is oversized it will cost

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,185 Posts
I totally agree. I have cut large boxes down to fit more times than I can count. Sometimes a couple inches can save half the cost. And avoiding usps boxes by using your own can drop small part mailing cost by more than half. I learned from Rudy (rij1) that some big parts can ship for a lot less by greyhound bus. Blew my mind.

Wheels can ship with a square of cardboard both sides and shrink wrap. Exhausts need bubble wrap and a cut-to-fit box. If its shipping overseas then use a heavier box.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I've used both ..
My experience is that you need to make the box as small as possible....
Cause if the box is oversized it will cost

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
Yup, and they always round up when measuring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input, I do appreciate it. I didn't even think of Uship, I'll take a look at what they offer. I have had a bike shipped through them and was happy with the service.

I ship or receive small parts all the time. But I don't even know what big things will cost. The last helmet I returned costed me $40 or so, even shipping ground. So that made me hesitant to even guess what a set of rims would run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts