RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was getting about 35 miles to the gallon when Colorado started putting Ethinal into the gas a month ago or so but after i put on the BAK and pipes im now getting around 43. That is only with one tank of gas through it so far and i haven't been riding it hard. Cant wait untill they take that junk out of the gas and see what i get. (i was gettin 40mpg city / 50 highway with stock and good gas)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a winter thing. They add ethinal or something like that from September to April or so to keep down polution. Every vehicel i've had gets lower gpm when its in and does way better when they take it out.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Big difference for me too! My Bronco has been real thirsty since October!

I have ridden the Warrior enough to notice.

CarKnee

·
Registered
244 Posts
How the devil do you get that good mileage? What octane are you using? So far I'm getting as bad mileage as my old gas hog Vmax.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i use 91 octain. i figure for only 4 gallons i'd pick the best. I'm not a speed demon either, so that might help out a bit. If everything is what it seems i might be getting mid 40's city and mid 50's highway but we'll see. it could all be a smoke dream.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have only 400 kilometers on mine (mostly city riding) and I figured it out to be 30mpg, i'm hoping it will improve when its broken in.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Gishbar

How the devil do you get that good mileage? What octane are you using? So far I'm getting as bad mileage as my old gas hog Vmax.

I've always used the highest octane I can find. I just assumed everyone was. Top shelf all the way for my Warrior, I save the well stuff for my car.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Same here; I will only use the good stuff. I used 87 in my old Gixxer and it was bad news!
Bikes need high octane... from my limited experience.

I was always getting ~100 miles before the light came on.

CarKnee

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was geting over 100 on mine. But running the PCIII with stock map and only change of a Cobra slip-on I got 80, but then again I was goosing it a bit to see what the PCIII was doing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like i said i haven't gotten on it since the pipes and BAK but from 1 tank it seems to be way up... i even spilled a good amount while doing the BAK. I'll let you know after a few more. Maybe it was a fluke or something but i was getting 40 city and 50 highway with the stock bike in the summer (good gas)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
ON my trip west this summer I was getting 50mpg. CHOPTOP

·
Registered
775 Posts
My best gas mileage is when I trailer the bike, LOL
I always under 35 MPG, May be the way that I do the gear changes, I shift at no less than 4000RPM and Always ride like I just stoled.
Propipe, Bak, PCIII also help
Alek5

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
GAS MILEAGE?????? Yea, right! That's real funny! Who really care's when we all are riding a 1700cc VTwin monster like the Warrior. Gas Mileage, you guy's are funny!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have to agree with DarkStar I'm might be getting 30 miles per gallon but I don't think so, I ride to have fun and burn fustration and if that means burning a little more fuel so what, It cost me $5.00 everytime I take my warrior out... but I ride with just a little-attitude!!

Learn to enjoy your warriors,,

·
Registered
471 Posts
My warrior was never even started when it was stock I had the PCIII
& Propipe installed at time of purchas.
After I got it maped correctly I went on a 200 mi ride got exactly
45 mpg.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts