RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted on here looking for a fuel tank. These tanks in horrible condition sell for $300+ USD, so when someone offered to send me a brand new tank, to my door for $200 USD, I was naturally suspicious. I looked to see when the person had signed up and how many posts they had, and they had singed up after I had made my post and had zero post count. At this point I'm very suspicious. Before I could even ask for photos of the product, he/she was asking me to send monies via a third party app I had never heard of then PayPal friends(no way to get my money back if it's not legit). I was even more suspicious at this point, but decided to ask for photos. What I got was a grainy photo of what might have been a warrior tank. Super small and low quality, impossible to decern condition or if it was even a warrior tank. I then searched the email address he /she provided, and apparently this individual has been scamming people on the BMW forum too. I've reported this user. Please be careful doing business with this individual. Can provide emails to moderators if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Maybe he's a Nigerian prince that rides a warrior lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Man you guys are in luck as I just spoke with that guy and I am getting 33 millions dollars and all I had to do was give him all my information. I plan to spread the wealth amongst my Warrior brethren.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I can stop looking for a tank. Now I'll be able to afford to have a custom tank made. Thanks dude!
Man you guys are in luck as I just spoke with that guy and I am getting 33 millions dollars and all I had to do was give him all my information. I plan to spread the wealth amongst my Warrior brethren.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Some people might not be as skeptical/cynical as me. Thought I could save the community from losing money. Especially in these times. Every penny matters.
Honestly good catch. Plenty of horror stories on Facebook about guys who abuse the bond but here on the forum I like to think we are stronger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In fact, I never like to buy anything from someone over the internet for the reason that how can I just trust someone? If I was looking for something (new or used) I would rather use Amazon, eBay to get additional level of protection.

In last 15+ years, I experienced some scumbag sellers on eBay as well who took the money and ran away. Luckily I got money refunded by eBay but after so much of pain of calling and following up. That way I prefer Amazon's service personally as I am yet to encounter any frauds there.

Good to report such email or person on forum so that other fellow member doesn't get ripped off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts