RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any comments on the differences between these great products?

[*]
performance
[*]
price
[*]
ease of installation
[*]
technical support[/list]

thanks,

·
Registered
263 Posts
I made my own. For a complete kit with all the stuff, I would suggest Churchkey's kit. Mine took me a while to round the stuff up. Also, get a coil relocating plate. Again, I made my own, but I see several raving about Akitadogs plates. Having one will make the BAK easier and well worth the expense. Once you try and change the spark plugs with the stock air box, you will wish you had the BAK for that reason alone if any.lol Mine was made in a sudden rage of fighting with the stock air box for the plugs. Hope this helps.

Bob

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
I've done a lot of reading on this sight. I have a churchkey vbak and akitadog relocate myself, just havent installed. but I bought them because#1 majority says churchkeys is the best for power#2 you can call him on the phone or ask anyone in here about it #3 if you ever read any of churchkeys replys to technical issues, you wouldnt even think about buying from anyone else...

·
Registered
498 Posts
#2 you can call him on the phone or ask anyone in here about it #3 if you ever read any of churchkeys replys to technical issues, you wouldnt even think about buying from anyone else...

man you nailed it right on the head with those comments. I have churchkey and love it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have ridden identical bikes with both and have the pr kit on mine. I think both perform equally well. If I had to buy one again It would be a hard decision. Church is a member and a very helpful and knowledgable one at that, and pr is a sponser for the site. Plus they put the warrior on the speed map. Since they perform equally I would probly lean towards supporting a site member.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I started off with a Baron's BAK when I bought the bike. It cost me $169, and improved the power of the bike. Straight forward install. I never had to call Baron's for help.

I then became a RSWarrior site member, and came to find out about Churchkey's VBAK. Just seeing pics of it made me realize that I had gone with the wrong item. I tried to contact him and see if I could just get the velocity stacks and the cone filters from him, but that was too costly. His kit complete costs $209, I think.

I dug around and found my own 90 degree velocity stacks with a 3" radius, got some radiator hose and clamps from NAPA, and went to the local K&N dealer and bought the filters. All told, I spent another $75 for the parts to make my own VBAK. The difference with the velocity stacks is AMAZING to say the least.

If I had to do it over again, I would definately buy the VBAK from Churchkey. It will outperform the other two, hands down.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
There is one more option that you are forgetting. Yamaha Speedstar stacks. I have these and they work great. Only issue is that they don't come with a filter, but easy to make one with a Uni filter and a large band clamp. Yamaha stacks are straight with a flairing that increases as the go up with top piece with wire to keep filters from being sucked into the stack. The inside connections are machined pieces and very smooth. I have riden with people with the others and they are all very close. It doesn't matter witch one you get of the three (Churchkey, PR, or Yama), you will get gains. Best thing to do is to check around and see what kind of $$ you can find each for. But like everyone said, Woody (Churchkey) will answer any questions or expain how to fix any screw ups and the rest you are on your own.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
99venom said:
Oops, forgot about the barons...... nuff said.

Anyone who wants to bash the Barons is just suckin on Woody. Support a fellow member is one thing, but what do you really know about the Stealth? I've got one that work just fine.

Attention Churchkey: You are an awesome member who I have total respect for, but I think your a$$ is probally getting tired of all the smoke people try blowing up it.

·
Super Moderator
5,784 Posts
I started off in 05 with the barons bak,pclll, and a custom map. Had it dyno'ed at 82hp,and 106ft.lbs of torque.At the first part of this past year I did the diy V BAK,and nothing else.My bike now dyno'ed at almost 88hp, and 112ft.lbs of torque.Not a lot of difference, but to me worth the extra 30 or 40 dollars for churches kit.It's a little cheaper to do the diy kit, but a **** of a lot easier to buy and install churchkey's kit. So all in all, the barons kit is a great kit for the money,but churchkey's kit is a better kit for a little bit more money. To each his own.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Reddog said:
I started off in 05 with the barons bak,pclll, and a custom map. Had it dyno'ed at 82hp,and 106ft.lbs of torque.At the first part of this past year I did the diy V BAK,and nothing else.My bike now dyno'ed at almost 88hp, and 112ft.lbs of torque.Not a lot of difference, but to me worth the extra 30 or 40 dollars for churches kit.It's a little cheaper to do the diy kit, but a **** of a lot easier to buy and install churchkey's kit. So all in all, the barons kit is a great kit for the money,but churchkey's kit is a better kit for a little bit more money. To each his own.

Good to know. Did you go back to the same dyno and have the same person dyno it? I hear they differ from dyno to dyno and person to person. Also does a dyno get calibrated? If I am off base here someone please let me know.

Do you still have the Barons BAK?

·
Super Moderator
5,784 Posts
Yes, I had the same person and same dyno. I know that different dyno's will read different,so i stayed with the same guy. Yes I still have the barons bak somewhere in my garage.I would have to see if I could find all the pieces. I bought the barons bak and my pclll before I knew about the RSW forum, other wise I would have purchased ChurchKey's kit to begin with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts