RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my V&H Bigshots installed today. Perfect sound!
The only thing I noticed is a little more "popping" than with the stock can. Anyone experience the same?
The Yamaha dealer installed them and didn't adjust anything. Is that correct?
Thanks
Davevpaz

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just got done with my Big Shot install and Thunder Air and I noticed a lot more popping with just the exhaust and started tweaking on the stock ECU a little to richen things up because the plugs showed she was running a little lean. Anyway, I installed the Thunder Air today and have run about 10 miles and the popping is not as previlant. I have the PCIII on order and will install that in a few days and we'll see from there. I will keep you posted on what happens.[8D]

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same pipes. They do sound great, but I can't stand the back fire. I love this bike, looks great, runs great, but Yamaha blew it when there is no way to remove the backfire.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have those and I used the TFI...I get a "pop" every now and then but I also took off the "AIS" and that did some good to.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Get rid of the AIS today if you havn't already and richen up the ECU until your plugs run a nice brown. I'm running a BAK and Chaimbermaids with the stock ECU, I've got great throttle respone, it only pops when it's cold and nothing I ride with can touch it. Well except for that dam RC51.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another quick point on my above post, I have installed the Power Programmer and there was some help, but alas, it still has that trailer trash backfire. I am just short of removing the fuel injection and going with a carb, or my other option is dump the bike and buy a Harley. Naw! Everybody has a Harley. I am glad I found this forum, thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would install the AIS block and if it still
backfires a lot then I would track down one of those Dyno Jet locations from their web site and have the bike Dyno'ed. They can custom map your PCIII chip. Might be what you need.
Keith

·
Registered
210 Posts
I installed my Big Shots a week or 2 ago. I finally got a chance to
ride with them yesterday and had no pops or backfires. I am running
stock air (until my speedstar scoop comes in) no ECU changes and my
PCIII is on order and not installed yet (from looking at the plugs
I may not need it until more drastic changes are made). Note that I
am still within the 600mi breakin period and am only taking it to
2500 rpm max.

WolfLand