RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day folks,
Well the Vance and Hines Big Shots exhaust arrived this arvo, (last of their stock reduced by $220. Customer service person verified last of and stated she thought they would never sell. )

Brand new from a supplier here in Oz. $880, $919 delivered price from Victoria to Western Australia. Well they came almost twice that distance.
Ex Queensland. Guess they'd been shipped from the parent company outlet in Victoria to Queensland years ago and sat on a shelf there collecting dust. Perhaps they were waiting there for the only bloke in Oz who does custom work on Warriors.
Anyway, I was looking for an original bracket and the Dog and Bones hardware for my exhaust which came with a dodgy fixing set-up and scored this little gem.
Not sure what year V&H stopped making them, long time back is my understanding but they wouldn't send me a drawing of the braket I needed.

From the searching I've done, I believe this is likely the last brand new set in Oz. Might could be last of anywhere, though I doubt it. Reckon if I could source these, it's a mighty big world....who knows right! (y)
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Font Gas Electric blue Freezing Wood

Two tiny blemishes, rubbed areas, otherwise pristine condition.
Automotive tire Hood Jaw Automotive design Bumper

No dings, no dents...like they were manufactured yesterday. All around the world, up, down and across this country.....Bloody amazing!!!
Cheers
Rocksfly

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In the next few days before I seal the box up again I'll take measurements and do up a drawing of the fixing bracket and post here on the forum. Maybe other members out there that bought a Warrior with a dodgy bracket or bought a second hand set without a bracket.

I didn't notice when looking at the product this arvo but thought looking at the pics that the bottom of the bracket has a slight bent angle to it. This of course would add strength/stiffness to the plate.

Recently the dealership I bought the Warrior from did a fix on my exhaust bracket single/lower pipes strap. They included a plate 'stand off' to the upper pipe but the strap flexes and I'm hearing a rattle when tweaking the throttle.

The full plate with the stiffening bend in it is obviously well designed and the right way to go. I'm gonna get ole mate down the road to cobble one up for me and change out what is currently on my bike.
This thin strap has to go.....
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bicycle tire Wood

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha RS Warrior (Indigo)
121 Posts
That’s amazing that you found the last new set on earth. Congrats !!! I did get lucky about a year ago I did find possibly the last set of the Wiseco 10.5-1 108cid piston kits.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great exhaust. You are going to love them......power and sound.
Mate I'm currently running Big Shots, love the sound they put out.
I bought this exhaust for the bracket, knowing how rare they might be and for the fire sale price. Bit like winning lotto.
The new set are going into my 'rebuild/2nd Warrior parts stock'.
This is my current setup. Just caught up with Baldy off the forum here this morning. Top bloke.
My Warrior, my mates Vintage Chief Indian and Baldy's Warrior.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Baldy's, my mates, mine.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Cheers
Rocksfly

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Was great meeting you Mitch & Brad .. you really need to buy mine and vacuum seal it .. you know you want to 😂

I got the KIPASS Fob’s sorted at the Kwacka dealer and then took a ride to Jarrahdale & Serpentine to wear in the new tyres. Beautiful day for it.
Motor vehicle Tire Building Automotive tire Black

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was great meeting you Mitch & Brad .. you really need to buy mine and vacuum seal it .. you know you want to 😂

I got the KIPASS Fob’s sorted at the Kwacka dealer and then took a ride to Jarrahdale & Serpentine to wear in the new tyres. Beautiful day for it.
View attachment 254916
Definitely would be the go mate.
Already had to hand over my RS3 keys to the new bride and relegate her Hundy to the driveway, so I could house the Warrior. Might be pushin nuah 💩 up hill with a spatula if threw another purchase at her coming up to Christmas. Who knows what the new year may bring. :unsure:;)
Great to meet you too mate. Appreciate your hospitality. JC certainly is a character. Very enjoyable morning.
Luvin the retro pic of the Kwaka in front of the old general store. Almost be a heritage listed wouldn't it.
Cheers Mick

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Like I say to my son whom I’m holding 4 of his motorbikes …. You NEED A BIGGER SHED 😂

we will catch up again for a Warrior ride .. maybe to the Jarrah after a Wednesday Pengo Coffee, … I’m easy most days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts