RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the big shots are on and I have to ask how some could think they are loud? The HK pipes are on the verge of being obnoxious, not that I mind but they are very very loud. The Big Shots are more mellow and have a much deeper tone to them where the HK's are cannons.
OK heat shields! Why would V&H use hose clamps? IMO not a very good system, I prefer the HK system but both are completely covered and should never blue.

Looks, to me the V&H's win out, in photos I would not have said so but with them on the look good.

The Big Shots do not drag before the peg and that is a super plus also I find the bike to be much smoother at slow speeds, the HK's would lurch with small throttle inputs but the Big Shots are again smoother. Also when down shifting the HK's would lock up the rear tire and cause it to skip. With the Big Shots this does not happen, well OK it can but it is not as bad. This tells me the Big Shots are freer flowing.

As for power? Who knows the old butt dyno does not work for crap so you guess is as good as any.

At 70 mph you cannot even hear the Big Shots over the wind you could the HK. A friend has a V-Star 1100 with the baffles drilled and could not hear his bike if we rode together even with me in back with the HK and he would under no circumstances let me ride up front. Now he has no problem following and cannot even hear me if he is in front.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
If you had any doubts about the Big Shots loose them, they are IMO the best pipe on the market[8D]

·
Registered
471 Posts
My experence with HK pipes is they rust around the cyl head area where the pipe jumps from 1 7/8" to 3".

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They rust every where else as well! Then when you try to get them re-chromed it takes 9 weeks only to have the new chrome job flake off after 200 miles. I would never buy them again but some folks will so I tried to give an honest aprasle of the differences in the 2 as I saw.
A friend rode my bike and said the HK's were much louder but that was all they were was loud. Now it has a tuned sound. His oppinion is the same as mine a much better tune is now being played through the pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts