RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the Big Shots installed Wed, going to try it without a Cobra or PCIII for now, see how it goes...thoughts? Will it run okay for those that have done the same?

TIA,

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
The bike will run lean with the factory setting's. If someone else is installing them, see if they can adjust the ECU for you to richen up the mixture a bit. It is relatively simple, but requires you to check the spark plugs on occasion to make sure you are not running too lean or too rich.

Dave

·
Registered
431 Posts
You'll be fine unless you put some air filter kit, my friend just put big shots on his 05 warrior and it's smooth like stock and no backfire

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by kmobrien76

I'm having the Big Shots installed Wed, going to try it without a Cobra or PCIII for now, see how it goes...thoughts? Will it run okay for those that have done the same?

TIA,
I installed Samson Shorties w/baffles w/out power commander or cobra. It sounded like crap and lost about half of it's top-end. Would'nt recomnend it.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I tried that with my bigshot and it didn't run well, sounded like the bike wanted to throw up, so a day later I put on the PC USB III and it improved greatly, the only minor problem was finding a proper map, amospros map worked fine on the second try after I discovered how to properly use the PC USB's tools to bring down the settings from +2% down to -2% on the low, medium, and high settings on the unit it self, it also calmed down the backfiring too. Do the AIS block off kit it helps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts