RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Re: Bigger rear tire?

You can run a 210 metz without swing arm mod. 240 you have to do some grinding. you can diy that yourself just be carefull. any thing bigger you have to do some cutting and welding wouldnt take on that unless your good with a welder. if you want the fat azz best to just drop the money.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Irishman said:
Can you run a tire bigger than a 200 on a stock swing arm? if so what size/brand?
You can find all this type info using the search button on the top right hand side of the home page.I think the biggest tire is a Metzler 210,but from my experience it wears out way to fast,but hugs the road good.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
The first replacement rear tire I got was the Metz 210, and I loved the way it filled more of the fender out. Less than 3000 miles later when I had to replace the tire, I wasn't too happy, especially with there being so much meat left in the shoulders. The center wore away prematurely because the 210 gets pinched and causes the uneven wear. Don't do it. If you want a wide tire, just do a wide tire kit.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Re: Bigger rear tire?

60ftgap said:
.... 240 you have to do some grinding. you can diy that yourself just be carefull. any thing bigger you have to do some cutting and welding wouldnt take on that unless your good with a welder. if you want the fat azz best to just drop the money.
Don't forget aside from grinding the swingarm, you also need to get a wider wheel, or have your stock wheel widened to 8.5"

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I just gotta say it, you can also switch to a car tire. A 225 is an easy fit on the stock rim and some have put on 235s. Here is a site that can answer you question aboutCTs. http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you are looking to do the stock swing grinding, check out Brazeauracing.com. He is a member of the site. If you look into his mod list it has what he was doing and pics too. His bike is clean!! I was looking to do the 210 also, but after looking through the site, found that most of the guys say the same thing... It wears to fast. Does the 240 "turn over" from one turn to another as fast as a 200 would? Would I be loosing my cornering prowess??
What is the going rate for the wheel widening job? I know Colorado Customs does wheels, I wonder if they would be able to provide that service? Sorry, thinking out loud. Any suggestions as far as places or pricing for this? thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
The 240 will change your handeling a little but not much... now any thing bigger will just kill your fun in the twisties not to mention those tires are expensive.looks awsome though ifi didnt just love to go to the hills and grind some pegs off i would do it in a heartbeat! as far as who does it my guess would be that flashing thing at the top of your screen that says cycleimage would be a good place to start or ebay also G&S cycles.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
I can rework your swing arm for a 240.

Check with Kosman wheels to get you stock wheel to 18 x 8.5

Kosman reworked my wheel, they can be done with a square lip as pictured or a radius lip.

http://stage.elitegearusa.com/weldup.htm

V-BAK:

***CHRISTMAS SPECIAL******FREE SHIPPING***

11-15-10 THROUGH 12-25-10

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Musclehead320lb said:
What I dont understand, is why a 235 car tire will fit with no mods and a 210 is the biggest bike tire that will fit with no mods?
You are trying to compare apples to oranges. A car tire doesn't need as wide a rim to mount on than a motorcycle, that's just the way it is.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Musclehead320lb said:
What I dont understand, is why a 235 car tire will fit with no mods and a 210 is the biggest bike tire that will fit with no mods?

If you find a bike tire in 235 or 225, they'll prolly fit. Nobody makes one that I know of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, this is my first post and I want to know if anyone has suggestions on the best fairing for the warrior. I am considering a bagger type conversion and want to start at the front. thanks.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Rather than spending all the money to convert to a bagger, why dont you just trade it in for a bagger :rolleyes:

or

Sell the warrior outright....and buy a bagger.

From my experience, I bought a windshield, couple sets of bags, and I tell ya what....I was NOT happy with that junk on my warrior.....killed "the look" IMO....

hi, this is my first post and I want to know if anyone has suggestions on the best fairing for the warrior. I am considering a bagger type conversion and want to start at the front. thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 300 on mine with a air shock in the back. it handles great in the twisties(shocked me). I love it, but im sure its not for everyone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts