RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked a million times and quite boring for the people who have been here a while but being new and after trying to do a search... what is the biggest tire for a stock rim? and you can PM me if you want so that we don't bore everyone all over again.
Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they wear out more than the stock 200?? I only have 4000 miles on my bike and I need a new tire.. and I can honestly say that i have not done one burn out.. Thanks for the info sorry about the repeat of the question.

·
Registered
851 Posts
This past 210 I only got a little over 2000 miles on it with some burnouts. I am going back to the 200 until I can get the cash for a bigger rim.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The 210 on a stock rim just curves alittle more, causing a smaller contact area which wears it quicker. I suggest getting an AVON tire though!!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i have about 3000 on my 210 and its got a few more "bike night" trips left and thats it[B)] i'm not really concerned about it cause i got the 250 ready to go[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
because the rim is not wide enough. it "squishes" the tire and puts more of a point in the center so it wears out faster.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Just a theory, but in the rush to bring the Warrior to market in 2002 with the (at the time) largest tire on a production cruiser for the bragging rights the 200 series rear was chosen. In my opinion the bike should have come with a 190 or gasp a 180 series rear. The handling is improved, the tire life is improved, and in the case of the 190 the look is basically the same. Now with that said, I ran and will continue to run the 200 series rear on my Warrior, I'm just stubborn I guess.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Hey first post guys;) i'm also curious if there is a lower profile tire than a 210/50-17? Don't care about cost or miles. Just kick'n dust!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Go with a 190 and get twice the life.
Yup. This. The wider tire you put on a rim, the rounder the profile gets, and the sooner a flat spot develops. Put a 190 on, and you get a less round tire with a bigger contact patch. (and less lean angle, not a problem on any cruiser.)

Also people need to realize this: 190, 200 and 210 tires will all look a similar width once installed. The width of the rim is what determines the width of the tire once it's mounted. Put a wider tire on and the rim squeezes it into a narrow profile... But put a 190 on and it will actually widen to fit the rim.

All that said, a 190 works AWESOME on the Warrior rim, gives you a larger contact patch resulting in slower wear, and the wide rim makes it look like a 200 anyway. So seriously, everyone should consider 190's for their warriors. They are cheap and plentiful as the common superbike tire.

·
Registered
574 Posts
By way of example, My GSXR1000 takes a 190. Once the stock tire wore out, I replaced it with a 180. This suits me since I don't require Rossi style lean angles. (I still get a lot of lean angle though) Now that I have it installed, I'm getting nearly double the mileage out of it, and on the rim it looks as wide as a 190 anyway.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts