RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I'd like to know what you boys that have V&H BigShots think about the torque of your bike now compared to the stock system. How much "pull" did you give up, if any?

I keep reading lots of happy things from BigShots owners, but my brother the short track racer keeps tellin me to stick with a 2-into-1 system like the ProPipe 'cause I'll get better performance, especially in low end torque. I like the BigShots look and the fact that they have full heat shields (should have no visible heat discoloration, ever).

Is this something I am really gonna see and feel if I choose one pipe over the other? Seein that I am coming from the stock can, am I gonna be disappointed with performance if I choose the BigShots over the Propipe?

Dang, this is one tough choice [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

Thanks y'all....

·
Registered
298 Posts
These do not give anything up over stock. These pipes are awesome. But, I cannot compare to the propipe. I will say that these are a far cry from just 2 into 2 pipes. I had a set of chambermaids and felt they gave up power everywhere except MAYBE topend. I think the "power chamber" really does it's job well on the Bigshots.

·
Registered
201 Posts
SouthernMan, I didn't lose anything over stock. I gained about 10HP and and 11 ft #'s of torque over stock, but that's with PCIII c custom map, BAK and Bigshots. These pipes are actually a 2->1->2 system with something that V&H calls a power chamber. Now, how similar to a 2->1 setup it makes it, I don't know. From the posts here in the forum, from practically the same mods vs a Propipe, the #'s appear very similar. I wouldn't worry. I love the look and still love the sound. Later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help here. I will be using a PC-3 with the Bigshots map supplied from Dynojet, but not a custom map, at least not right away. Will I get a lot of backfiring with the DJ map, do I need to do the AIS mod right quick?

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bronch

...These pipes are actually a 2->1->2 system with something that V&H calls a power chamber...

Huh?? 2->1->2? I've got Big Shots on mine and there is no 2->1 on them. I have 2 separate pipes all the way back.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
JC...just rub your hand behind the heat sheilds, between the pipes, you'll notice that at a point they come together with a common crossover. Kinda like a H or an X pipe on a car. V&H did a good job hiding it so you can get the advantages of a 2 into 1 and the looks of the 2 into 2.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Rob Hughes

JC...just rub your hand behind the heat sheilds, between the pipes, you'll notice that at a point they come together with a common crossover...

OK, I think I got all of the egg off of the face![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I put the things on. I didn't pay close attention, just thought it was a brace. Closer look makes it quite obvious. Thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts