RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently bought a power cammander and downloaded the right map and the bike ran great for like a month then one day i ran it out of gas and since then the bike has been quitting and back firing all the time and running real rough and i have no idea what is wrong with it. appreciate any help i can get

thanks

steve

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,711 Posts
Since you don't have a gallery posted I don't know if you have a new or old Warrior, or what. Its unusual to have that problem unless maybe there was debris in the tank but even that doesn't make much sense. Can you fill in more details?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
could be a number of things. first thing that comes to mind is that you fueled up on bad gas. Also, your sparkplugs could be fouled. Possibly a wire from the pcIII came loose. Or maybe the Throttle positioning sensor is starting to fail. Do the easy stuff first, check your dry breaks, your plugs, your wiring, your gas, your pcIII..... If still having problems, take it in to have the tps and cps checked out for possible failures and recalls.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry i forgot to fill in some details it is an 06 i bought it new last year it only has like 2000 miles on it i have ran 3 tanks through it since it has started acting up. i know thats the first thing i thought was that it was bad gas but if it was why would it still be acting up. i had the 2 recalls done a while ago way before this started acting up i believe the recalls where the tps and something else. i had to soilder the wire for the pc111 for the one connection that might have came loose havent had the time to check it yet. i know it acts like there would of been debree in the tank but the bike is pretty much brand new. i will have to check the plugs and stuff this week. i appreciate the help guys and if you have any more advice let me know

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday too! I ran my bike out of gas and filled up again then I started it up ran fine at an idle but when I throttled it to about 2000 rpm it would spit and sputter and shut down. Finally I took off and opened up the throttle and it quit doing it. It was producing a diagnostic code of ER1.

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm curious to see if it is a mechanical problem!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You just confirmed what I thought was the problem. I appreciate the response.

I put my bike on the Dyno machine last night after it happened. It dynoed at 65HP with out a lick of trouble!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,711 Posts
Open the gas tank door and shake the bike to get the fuel down into the hoses and the lower tank. Hopefully your tank isn't full of gas or it'll spill out onto your bike. If that doesn't get the air bubbles out, then pull the seat and un-clip the underseat dry break, then firmly reconnect it until you hear a solid Click. Then do the same for the left-side dry break. Then open the tank again and giggle the bike around. If you still have these symptoms then its caused by something else, like a recall maybe, or loose coil / spark plug wires, plugs, air filters. Or gremlins!

WarriorKing2421 said:
I am still getting a few misfires from getting air in the lines. Is this normal?

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
As stated check both dry breaks. A shot of wd40 in each connector then you need to hear them "click" when they are put back together.

As stated check the coil wires, the primaries. Remove each push on connector & squeeze it with plyers so it fits the spade on the coils tightly. Loose connections cause resistance & misfire.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,711 Posts
I Forgot! Be gentle with the primary coil wires. The coil tabs bend and break off easily. Have a close look and you'll see what you need to do. Push the primary coil wire on gently, and if loose and you give it the old squeeze with pliers, get a straight-on shot before squeezing or you'll bend a tab.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts