RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So if you read the "what did you do to your warrior today" thread, you know that I'm taking apart my bike, doing a few mods, and also waiting on a Kyle kit, as well as some other things. So last night I was removing the rear wheel etc. in prep for the new kit and I happen to see something that did not make me feel very good. when I bought the bike from a local dealership I was told they went over it front to back, nut to bolts. But if you look at the picture below whoever looked at it either didn’t look at it or shouldn’t be looking at it. Now I suppose I can blame myself for not looking over the bike in more detail and looking over this myself, but the dealerships service department has guys that do this everyday and are supposed to be the "experts" when it comes to service on things with two wheels. Take a look and you can let me know what you think is wrong with this picture....

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
The M8 belt adjust bolt is collapsed ... s/b extended contacting the axle adjust plate.
  • As long as the axle nut is properly torqued no harm done unless you hit a deep rut on the road and bottom the rear tire to the inner fender in which case the wheel will move forward!
    • The axle nut also looks loose
ADDED: You'll want to check the Caliper Bracket mounting bolt too!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@alanh is correct. The axle bolt was loose by my accord as I was mid-removal when I saw the belt adjustment bolt collapsed the whole way. I mean the adjust bolt is there for a reason. Chances are it may never cause a problem, but it definitely gave me an uneasy feeling.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I truly hate putting my life in other people's hands. Sucks that you found out this way but better this way rather than an accident. Also not sure it would make a difference telling the dealership they suck as well.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Like Heftysmurf said, I do not believe it would make a difference if U went to the dealership on this. They will not care. I can hopefully speak on behalf of the fella's on this forum, in stating that thank goodness that nothing happened to YOU and your ride because of this and also great catch on your part, even if it was after the fact.

As alanh had stated no harm if the axle nut WAS properly torqued. In your case it was NOT. Anyhow, glad you did not have a mishap. Good luck with the upgrades and post up pics when finished. Ride Safe and Be Safe!
Rg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts