RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called me today. Bike is ready. Going to go get it tomorrow. Kinda bummed in once sense since everybody was sold out of the aftermarket parts. Granted, I have the extended warranty and that would give them justification to deny a claim but man it would have been nice. Dealer knocked my bike out in two days and said if I wanted to put anything aftermarket into it I had to have the parts there by tuesday morning. Naturally, nobody had a complete kit in stock until the end of this week.

Anyways, for those of you who have had this done, was there anything in particular that you noticed about your bike when you got it back?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
If you adjust your ECU, you need to re-adjust again. Same with the external buttons of your PC111, if you have one. Because whe you disconnect the battery the ECU return to the factory setting .

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Rick,
Little sealant ooze in certain areas where engine bolted back together.... came off easy with fingernail. Just watch carefully for any oil leaks.... mine is tight so far. Been placing piece of cardboard underneath to check for leaks. Good luck! [8D]

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well when I got mine back yesterday it was a lot dirtier than when I dropped it off!! Kinda p!ssed with the lame excuse that was given.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dirt won't bother me too much. I need to clean it anyway. Audio, I put my request in before I got my notice and talked the mechanic into putting me first on the list. I thought I would be able to just make the call to OE or whomever when the recall was to be done. Wanted nothing less than a full kit but see now I should have gone with the pistons after another post I saw. I was worried about only doing one thing and that needing the other upgrades to perform properly and then worrying about having to get a custom map. If I had to do it again, I think at the very least I would put the bumped pistons in it. Long, thanks. I will be doing a close inspection when I pick it up to make sure that they didn't scratch my paint or chrome.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an update. Brought the beast home yesterday (Friday). All looks well and it is running awesome as usual. No leaks so far and it looks better than when it went in.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just an FYI. A few people were talking about the PC3 and the recall. I put the computer on it tonight and the map that I loaded was in fact still in place. If you made any adjustments via the buttons on the PC3, those setting might not be there still but the hard coded map did stay in place.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got mine back on tuesday. they had a problem with the PCIII giving a EFI code, but after reseting the computer, all was good. runs great, but they left off a hose clamp (crankcase vent to the aircleaner) and ran the spark plug wire in a way I don't like.
When I got my Warrior new, all the controls were perfect out of the box...now I gotta go back and adjust the shift peg back to the right place..other than that, no problem

Diver

1 - 15 of 15 Posts