RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it back yesterday! The dealer that did the recall was 50miles away so I had a nice long ride home. I rode it hard and all seems well.
I looked it over real good and I don't find any damage and it runs great.
About half way home the low fuel light came on and I stopped and filled up. It only took about 2 1/2 gallons and the light stayed on. I checked the dry breaks and found the one behind the tank was not fully snaped. Pushed it down and all was well.
The dealer cleaned it up decent, but there is an oil residue all over the bike from the repair that I will clean this weekend.
I did not do any mods (pistons, cam, ect.) just had the recall done.
So far so good. Sure is nice to have it home. I hope is goes as well for the rest of you!!!!

Harley Jones

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
thats great to hear bud. mine comes home after the weekend. (service dept is closed sat, and dealer is closed sun and mon)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I like good news like this, this will add another few minutes of peace to my restless recall nights /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Hey Harley - my engine had oil all over it after the recall. It almost looked like I had leaks all over because after the motor got warmed up, all that oil liquified and ran all over. I dried things up the first couple days. I had 4 drops on the floor under it at one point. But now, after 90 miles on it and keeping it wiped and watching it - it's looking good. No leaks. Had me worried for a while though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts