RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as a prelude to my rambling, I'm sure somewhere on here there is a ton of posts that relate to my subject. I've spent the last hour looking at some of them. However, there's over a hundred thousand posts on here, and if newbies (somewhat) didn't post questions that were answered 4 years ago, then there wouldn't be any new topics to discuss. lol

Now on to my issue. Spent the day installing a pair of dyna coils and making and installing a new BAK plate. Put the new coils back where the stock ones go and made a much smaller plate to go under the tank. After I had thecoils wired up (thanks to the forums for the tech advice, but if you just do an Ohm test it makes it MUCH simpler!) anyway, after they were wired up, I started the bike and it ran great! Shut it back down to mount the coils in the brackets and put the tank back on and now it won't start and I get an Er - 14 message. In all of the posts I've seen this is an AIS error message but I color coded them before taking them off, and know I put them back the way they were before I installed everything. Plusit ran great right before I put the tank back on and mounted the coils.

I've ruled out the obvious, kill switch, kickstand, clutch in, etc... and I'm at a loss on this one.

·
Administrator
5,909 Posts
Error code 14 is intake pressure sensor #1- pipe clogged or TPS stuck.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mistake, it was Er 1 not 14. I took the coil bracket off today and stretched it out more. The positive wire bolt on the new coil was shorting out against the bracket and blowing the fuel pump fuse. After I got it all back together again, it ran perfect. Well, at least it did for the 50 miles that I put on
Thanks for the advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts