RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went along saturday not expecting much and guess what i wasn't disappointed - thankfully met up with a motocross guy [real interesting] to wander with [don't ya love the way bikers can get along so quick] payed £18 and it was about as sparse as sparse could be - the main names had arrived, parked a few bikes and gone for swim!! - the rest was cheap outfitters - only a couple of known names turned up - could have got bored in under the hour if i hadn't had someone to drink with... If the bike retailers don't step up for these events no one will bother and the exhibition shows will be gone...About as exciting as a snowball down ya neck

found a stall doing icon stuff and wanted the boots - got them out from under a junk table!! wtf- no box, no chair, no help, and said £100 please - could i try the next size up... of course not.. seemed like a good tough stylish boot, but the click cross belt [ski boot style] on one was realfeable and felt like it could be an issue a couple of months down the road so no sale...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yeah, it's rough in the industry right now Tom. The manufacturers all seem to be hibernating instead of trying to makewhat they canout of it. I called a small manufacturer of customs and the like last week to tell them I had plans on driving down and spending a few days there to check out their products (Big Bear is a resort area anyway) so I could see if that's really how I wanted to spend my $35,000 and talk to them about maybe getting mine coming. They said they're not selling to individuals anymore and to check their website for info and ifI like whatI see then find a dealer and place an order. They have VERY few dealers and from what I saw most of those "dealers" are small unprofessional looking places who's primary focus is by FAR the brands that they actually can sell. Some didn't even hardly have any mention of being a dealer for the brand I'm looking to buy and none of them have any current model stock or any kind of selection to visit andget a feel forwhat I'd be actually buying. I've found it to be the same for American Iron Horse and Ness as well, they all assume nobody is going to buy anything anymore so they are practically just shut down limiting sales efforts to listing used and old models on ebay and CL.

Nobody seems to even be able to pretend anymore that they give a shlt and are willing to work for your money and be there for you after the sale. It's quite amazing to me because when they go out of business you knowthey're going to be bitchlng and moaning about how they busted their a$$ and did everything they could but the economy just screwed them too bad.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marco Polo said:
none of them have any current model stock or any kind of selection to visit andget a feel forwhat I'd be actually buying

It's a tough call isn't it - some stuff has to be proded and examined to see if it's what we want [especaily if it's not been given much air time to demonstrate it's worth a punt] - so i find myself hunting the item down [always boots and gloves need a try for example] before i buy - so i need to get to shows and shops 'cause i'm not getting into sending it back 'in it's 'original packaging' suffering the post back costs, to start all over again with the next size up buying it online unseen - and as for the ridiculous lack of photos and info on most web sites that think you'll just drop it in the virtual basket...p.l.e.a.s.e!!!

Is it me or should some producers stop before they start offering an item that needs alot more support than they can afford to give it - i've been down that road with inventions that nearly made it to the market place as prototypes, but then when the marketing costs are added to the production costs [in thousands] the marketjust wontafford it,however good the product might be...

ok...i've read that back and fell fast asleep...zzzzzz but i've wiped it off twice.. so i'll go with it, and see if i've invented the ultimate sleeping post!!?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I am not in the market for a new bike, but like to look at the aftermarket stuff. We will see how Laughlin River Run is this year, given the economy. I know if you want to stimulate the economy, lower your prices on those 280 kits!!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
zzzzzzzzzzz......... just kidding Tom! lol

You hit the nail on the head I think... If a company doesn't feel they can afford to support the marketing, sales, and customer service aspects of their product before and after thesalethen I'd rather them just not release it so I can focus on those companies that have gone the entire mile or even one extra. There comes a point though where they realize that some sacrifices like that are worth it to a majority of people so they can get the price cheaper even if it leaves a small minority of folks feeling screwed over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts