RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought 06 Midnight Warrior, got Vance and Hines Big Shot pipes and a power comamder installed. But it stalls when it is cold when I pull the clutch to stop at a stop sign.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Yes - sounds like the idle is a touch too low. Go for a nice ride, warm up the engine completely (>10 min or real riding) and adjust to idle to about 950 rpm. You best do this with a laptop attached to the Power Commander (assuming you got one installed) as the bikes tach is not precise enough.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You might take a look at the mapping in the PCIII. Dynojet has a map on their website designed for your configuration.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dont forget to make sure that the power commander and your TPS is the same. Easy instructions on the powercommander Web site. Mine was off by about 2%, I had the same prblem till I did that and adjusted idle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. Not too bad, just a few times. After 3000 miles I have no problems. My idle is about 700 RPM. Sounds nice at idle so I will not change it. After break-in, everything is perfect! Amsoil 20w-50 MOTO.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. I road it at the stealership and it ran great. Pickit up the following week, got it home started it up and then it would die at all the stops. Found out that the MID button was pushed on the PCIII. I set it back to LOW and no problems since. Im not a guru on the PCIII or the warrior but this worked for me. When you turn the key on hit the LOW button on the PCIII. This worked for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Hey Mart, I just read through thr replies and did see (I don't think) anyone mentions the TPS recall. If you haven't had this done you need to do so. If it's been done, then like others said its a matter of matching the PCIII to the TPS. ie, the "dealer" is suppsoed to set the new or recalled TPS to 0% throttle. However, the dealer does not touch our PCIII's, which btw also need to be set on occasion to "0". Like others said, the tutorial on the power commanders web site is simple and straight forward. Need to plug in the laptop, fire up the bike, let her warm up, and then follow the "set throttle position" instructions. Let su know how you make out and again....welcome bro! btw...I had the EXACT same problem and it was cured by recalled TPS, and resetting the throttle positon on the PCIII.

·
Registered
558 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bmb408

This thread reminds me that I need to re-install my LCV.

Not Me! Mine is running just fine without. Then again the temp here is a bit different.

·
Registered
395 Posts
my bike does the same thing when its cold, I see many other warrior owners have the same situation. It should go away after the bike warms up did u try raising the idle just a little. if the bike is new, the engine is still tight and needs breakin time. Change the oil frequently and ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts