RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the bike is cold (first start in the morning)the bike wants to move forward with the clutch all the way in.

Even after it warms up it still feels the same not as bad, more so when its cold. I adjusted the clutch and it seems to help a bit..but the issue is still there.

No problems shifting in neutral, just wants to creep forward while in gear and clutch is in.

I have 6500 miles on the bike..so it can't be a bad clutch (i hope)

thanks

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
did you make the adjustments at both the mid-cable point as well as the lever point? Adjust the mid-cable first and do fine adjustments on the lever...if you have already done that then you may want to look into adjusting the toothed pich clamp on the clutch lever right above the case...

blackbolt said:
When the bike is cold (first start in the morning)the bike wants to move forward with the clutch all the way in.

Even after it warms up it still feels the same not as bad, more so when its cold. I adjusted the clutch and it seems to help a bit..but the issue is still there.

No problems shifting in neutral, just wants to creep forward while in gear and clutch is in.

I have 6500 miles on the bike..so it can't be a bad clutch (i hope)

thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine seems to do this only when starting it in gear. If I hold the clutch and start the motor with the bike in gear I can feel it pull forward just a little. It doesn't feel like it is pulling at all when I come to a stop, or even while sitting afterI start her up.

Would this be the same issue with the clutch adjustment? I don't seem to have any other issues with shifting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Even with a properlyadjusted clutch cable,when starting acoldbike with a wet plate clutch some forward drag is normal. If it bugs you, kick up to neutral before hitting the starter button.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Every bike Ive ever had did this (when cold) if started in gear with the clutch in. I got in the habit of just starting it in nootch. Cold oil

·
Registered
742 Posts
+1 as others have said, with a wet clutch some drag is normal but, it shouldn't be so much that it brings the engine down once warmed up. If it is cold enough that the drag is enough to move the bike, youshould let it warm up some before driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, mine does it when its in gear and I start it cold..I did not know about the mid cable adjustment.

I will make that adjustment and then do the fine tune at the lever.

Thanks for the input!

I thought I may be having problems with my clutch..now that i know its the norm, am ok with it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
dguy said:
If it bugs you, kick up to neutral before hitting the starter button.

+1 , that is exactly what i do and i let it warm up some and then it wont pull anymore.

when cold the oil is thick and that is why is tries to pull, as soon as it warms up and it gets thinner(the oil) it should quit pulling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Adjusting the clutch didn't seem to help. I've noticed (like others have stated) it's when the clutch plate is cold...just start it in nootch and let 'er warm up...should solve the problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
dguy said:
Even with a properlyadjusted clutch cable,when starting acoldbike with a wet plate clutch some forward drag is normal. If it bugs you, kick up to neutral before hitting the starter button.

+2. I always start my bike in Neutral now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts