RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday on my 12 mile ride to work I got to the gate to check IDs on base. My bike died at the gate guard. It cranked back up and made it 200 yards and died again.
I had to push it across the road and after looking under the seat at the fuses I tried to crank it and it started. I rode about 2 miles and once again died.
Each time it dies the tach lights all are on as usual. But the fuel injection won't turn on to pressurize the system. Wait a little time and you can hear the fuel pump working when you turn the key on and the bike will start again. Once running I checked if the kill switch (that I don't use) was working and it was, I checked if the kick stand switch was working when running and put into gear the bike dies as it should.
I left it over night while on duty and this morning I went to look the bike over better. I pulled all fuses and cleaned them for better connections. All fuses were good. It would crank right up again and seemed running. I rode it about 2 miles again and it died. Pushed it to a parking lot and once again once it dies no fuel pump noise. 2 minutes later it would run. I left it idling for about 5 minutes to see if it would run and it died again. No fuel pump noise and would not crank up. I did see some smoke that looked like it was coming from the front pipe. I don't have a leak of any sort dripping on that pipe and it seemed weird that it smoked. Possibly it came from the voltage regulator on the front of the bike. It was warm but didn't seem too warm and I could not determine if the smoke was coming from it. It really looked like it was coming out from under the heat shield of the front pipe.
I left it for a few hours and came back with a truck to take it home. It cranked up but only ran for 20 seconds. I started it back up and it ran long enough to drive it up the ramp into the truck bed and shut off again.
So this is what lead me to asking a question. Of what do you all think is the problem?

·
Administrator
29,192 Posts
Check the fuel dry breaks. One under the left-side cover. One under the rider seat. If stock they are both black cylinders with a chrome disconnect push.

Disconnect, and a drip or two will escape if its working lol. Spay inside with WD40 then gently re-connect until you hear the click. Do both.

The reason:
Top fuel tank gravity-feeds gas to underseat auxiliary tank. If the left-side dry break unseats it shuts off free flow of fuel so after a couple minutes it vents enough. If the underseat dry break unseats it cancels the air vent creating vacuum.

Separate: if your main fuel tank has been removed recently then check for pinched rubber hoses between the tank body and frame etc.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Did this ever get fixed? Mine is doing the same thing. I’ve tried a bunch of stuff. Could it possibly be the CPS?

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Hang in there, bikes throw you a curve ball every now and then. I have had instances where I thought it was a sensor, and found the issue with help from the experts here! I just posted about a similar problem. ( under fuel light not coming on) check the dry breaks and engine codes for starters. Use the search function in tech questions. You will fix it an love your bike!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts