RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Warrior. It ran fine all last season and I put it in my shop over the winter. I decided to do some maintenance to get her ready for a ride this Thursday and now I am having catastrophic failures. The bike is stock, except for an exhaust. I changed the oil, gear oil and spark plugs. Now the bike will not start. This is my first warrior and I only got it last year. I have been reading through the forums and found how to look up the codes. I cannot get it to pull back up now, but I was getting quite a few: 11, 12, 14, 19, 26, 30, etc. I feel like I have to have done something wrong to cause this kind of failure as everything seems to be wrong. I tried to reset the codes and start over, but the kill switch does not appear to do anything within the diagnostic menu. Can someone please help me? Thanks so much in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Are those the codes that came up in the diag?

Are the spark plug wires plugged on the spark plugs?
On the correct spark plugs?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the first ones I could remember that came up on diagnostic check. The wires are on the correct plugs as I only did one at time and replaced the wires immediately after each plug.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
That was the first ones I could remember that came up on diagnostic check. The wires are on the correct plugs as I only did one at time and replaced the wires immediately after each plug.
Sheesh. That's Allot.
Try and disconnect your negative battery cable off the battery for about 10 min.
Disconnect your ECU aswell.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what made me think I must have done something terribly wrong for all of those to show up. I had disconnected the battery for a bit earlier, but I will disconnect it and the ECU again and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Here's more info.
I would not remove the current codes till you make sure you have the correct oneswritten down and make sure you have them all.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of curiosity. Do all of the IA sensors need to be bolted to a grounded source. IE: a metal bracket to the frame?

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
Just curious when was the last time you started the bike. Did you start it before doing the maintenance items you mention here? Or has it not been started since last season?

Check battery voltage and connections both ends. Measure battery voltage drop when you push start button. Low voltage can create fantom error codes because of inadequate voltage to float all sensors. Hunt this dog first.

After that, disconnect the battery for several minutes. While disconnected, check all fuses unders the rider seat. Then re-read the portions of the service manual that detail the individual steps for: (1) viewing fault codes in memory, and (2) diagnostics for all. Be certain you are describing correctly.

Then reconnect the battery, insert the key in ignition, turn key on, and notice gauges and lights and what happens both visually and audibly. Take notes for us!

Once you have that, press start and tell us what you see and hear. Your eyes and ears and communication is all we have so try to be focused.

One other thing. Try to remember if there was some other small maintenance item you did same time. Like maybe looked around the ecu area.

Odds are its a simple thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not started it since last season. I parked it a little earlier than I would have liked because the battery was getting weak. That’s the only other thing I have done, as of tonight’s maintenance. I replaced the battery with a brand new one. I did remove some connectors from the sensors, to get the air box out of the way to be able to change the plugs. I am thinking I possibly did something wrong there, but I took notes of how everything was hooked up and I feel like they were all put back how they were.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will do that. Thanks. For what it’s worth: the full list of codes I am getting is 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 23, 25, 26, 30 and 37. When I turn on the key, my speedometer and tach both move as they normally do and I hear a relay click down by the Ecu/battery area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did not remove any of the vacuum lines from the sensors in that pdf. Only the connectors and they are on the appropriate sensors.

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
I did not remove any of the vacuum lines from the sensors in that pdf. Only the connectors and they are on the appropriate sensors.
Physically identify which intake nipple each hose is connected to. Then verify wire colors go to that intake. Notice the intakes stick out over the other jug. So the intake for jug1 is over jug2 and et seq.

Be certain there is NO vac hose on the third (ambient) sensor and its wire colors also match the pdf details.

This is very likely the issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Battery is at 12.9 per my Bosch voltmeter. I pulled the tank again and verified the connections and vacuum locations. The check engine light is staying illuminated. The codes I said I was getting are what shows up when I go to the 61 diag tab. It cycles through all of those. If I go to 62, it displays 12.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
That is usually low battery voltage.

But . . .

Are you certain you are reading history?

Is the check engine light staying illuminated?
Right, it does sound it.

Even new batteries have given issues.

I will do that. Thanks. For what it’s worth: the full list of codes I am getting is 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 23, 25, 26, 30 and 37. When I turn on the key, my speedometer and tach both move as they normally do and I hear a relay click down by the Ecu/battery area.
You should give the battery a try and give the bike a go again.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Even with the battery displaying 12.9? Obviously, at this point, I have no choice but to try anything I can, but I can’t imagine that 13v isn’t enough voltage to power all the sensors? Maybe I am just being naive.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Even with the battery displaying 12.9? Obviously, at this point, I have no choice but to try anything I can, but I can’t imagine that 13v isn’t enough voltage to power all the sensors? Maybe I am just being naive.
I didn't see that post or I was typing mine at the same time. But yes, might as well try that out aswell as the other things.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts