RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bike back from getting the Oring replaced this afternoon. Got the bike home and it's freaking seeping from the same area.ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I take a Q-tip to see if it's oil and it's not. It's blue stuff????? Is this assembly grease from when the mechanic lubed the o-ring? I can literly let the bike idel and watch this blue stuff come out of the seam. Is assembly grease blue? Atleast it's not oil.

I'll be spending my next day off cleaning the bike. They have this grease crap all over the engine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
blue sounds like bearing grease. hopefully they just used a little for assembly. evidently the mechanic had it all over his hands when he worked on it and teh shop did not wash it when it left.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, all they did was remove the valve cover, take the push rod tubes off and replace an oring at the bottom where it bolts to the rocker housing.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If they replaced the push rod housing o-rings then they took off the cyl. heads too.

Much more than just the valve covers.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
1fast1 said:
If they replaced the push rod housing o-rings then they took off the cyl. heads too.

Not true. Heads do not need to be removed to replace push rod o-rings.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1fast1 said:

Ahh, I didn't know that. Great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As yamatized said, you do not need to remove the cyclinder heads to replace pushrod tube o-rings. There is a seperate section that holds your rockers/shaft that bolts to the top of the cylinder head. Pushrod tube slides into that section and to the lifter case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also as others have said, more than likely assembly lube of some sort since in is blue in color. I would clean the area and see if it comes back

·
Registered
128 Posts
that is grease that youre seeing come out of there. i imagine its yamalube's marine grease, it's blue. shame that they got it all over the place though, there's no call for that, they should have at least cleaned it for ya.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ok so they used blue grease to lube the new O-ring.. So how did they check to see if it was fixed? Did they Not run the bike for a test?I would think the bike would need to also be up to temp for a good test and the grease should have been cleaned off then. Could they have used presson blue to check the fit up of the housing?

·
Registered
361 Posts
ovalracer1m said:
As yamatized said, you do not need to remove the cyclinder heads to replace pushrod tube o-rings. There is a seperate section that holds your rockers/shaft that bolts to the top of the cylinder head. Pushrod tube slides into that section and to the lifter case.

That's assuming they know what the **** the are doing

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
1fast1 said:

Sorry, My mistake, the rocker box under the valve cover is what I was thinking of.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I was thinking.

However, I reached way behind the rear of the tube and found a glob of this blue/greenish grease. I think that glob was getting hot and following the seam. I'll keep an eye on it.

And yes, I was very ticked about the condition they returned my bike in.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I took it for a 20 mile ride and that bluish junk is still coming out. I swiped it with a qtip and took it to the dealer. Of course the mechanic that worked on my bike wasn't there. I can have it ideling in my drive way and blip the throttle and this bluish junk comes out in tiny bubbles.

Oh well, I guess it's better than the oil that was coming out before.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, back tracking my last message. Just got off the phone with the mechanic. He said he used blue assembly grease. He said once everything is but together that everything will get sandwiched and cause some of the grease to come out. He said a minimal of 250 miles before everything is burned off & the grease to stop coming out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
250 mi ?!! How much assembly grease did he use...! There is no reason why you should have assembly grease coming out for that long. All you need to do is lube the oring, not cover the whole top of the tube in grease.

·
Registered
661 Posts
That wouldn't sit well with me at all. Just doesn't sound right dude. Although the dealers have certified, hard working mechanics and techs, they just don't care about your bike like you do.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't been able to ride. Today is out of the question because the wind is blowing 35+mph. I cleaned her up real good the other day and reinstalled my krank vent. I went and got some fuel and a little bit of the blue grease was coming out but not like it was.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts