RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Thanks for the complements folks, I love this beast. I never though I would get anything but sport bikes, but now, I am thinking I will never get another sport bike !!!

Crusteel, I catually have Metzeler 240 with a modified stock rim in the garage right now. I take it you ar enot a fan of changing the stock setup and I don't blame you !!! I am waiting for the modified Swingarm from Sam. This way I can keep the stock rim setup in case the bike is not fun to ride with the wide tire. I really wonder how different it will be I purposely wanted to stick with the stock rim, that sis why I did not go with any after markets. The stock rim is really light compared to the aftermarket ones. Also the 240 seems to be the right fit for the 8.5" rim and a better sport tire than the Avon 250, this is according to Sam who has the 250. So we shall see.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bismarck,
I didn't think Metzeler made a 240 rear tire to fit a 17" rim. I assume when you say you modified the Warrior stock rim, you had it stretched from 6" to 8.5".

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Rg, I had it stretched from 17 x 6 to 18 x 8.5. you are right there is nothing out there larger than a 210 for the 17" rim. The 240 is an 18" tire, but a little lower profile than the stock 200. I will raise the back end a little too which will make a bit more clearance for the the tire and also will lower the rake of the bike a bit to make it handle quicker, perhaps making up for the slower roll over characteristics of the bigger tire. All experimental right now, we 'll have to see how it results...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Bis to me the rear and the front already follow different paths because of size and going to a wider rear IMO will only make it worse. Again to me I would think you would always be chasing the bike through a turn??? Also with a more rounded rear the front would seam to want to fall over and the rear would want to stand up so you would not excatly be super stable. Again I am only guessing. I was even thinking of dropping down to a 190 on the rear to se if I could make the front and rear feel more connected.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Daimon, I hear you clearly !! and I have a feeling this will end up being an experiment after all. I went back and forth on this and it became, what the ****, I am thinking about it so much lets do it and see how it turns out. Goin got a 190 I doubt would help you much. I am not sure what you mean by a rounded rear? do you mean that the 240 will have more or less of a radian?

The 240 over all on the 8.5" is flatter than the 200 on the 6.0 so I call this, less radian (just so we are referencing the same thing as radians)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
My wording was off but we are on the same page. The rear will be flatter or have less radian therfore will tend to want to self center or stand up. where the fromt will want to fall onto the side of the tire. At least in theroy???

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Bis,

This is a beast to be proud of for sure. This bike is surely the envy of most every member of this forum, or at least me. Very nice touches all the way around... very sweet machine...

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Well Daimon, if you go to a 190, you will have a flater tire, unless you shrink the rim ! I think with this bike, its one of those things that you have to do it to really see, given the lean angle limitation, wheel base, etc. If it was you typical 24* rake and 3.5" of trail, it would have been easier to extrapolate on the changes, but on this bike, it may very well come to the fact that there are other limiting elements in the bikes overall geometry that will miniiize the effect of this change, it won't eliminate it, but would minimize it. I guess we will will know once its on there.

Jimboman, thx, I really doubt if my bike is envy of everyone !! many friends here on the forum prefer the low rider or custom cruiser look. thats the beauty of this bike, it can have many variants. MAny people also don't like so much chrome. I am just a power frrek. Well at least I will be poorer than everyone having spent all my money on this beast !!!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
It certainly gives me power envy. It will be a while before that kind of cash flow happens around my garage. My wifes still pretty unhappy about my Beloved (her words not mine). I'll have to settle for sneaking small improvments in one at a time.
P.S that is a great looking oil cooler.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Meatball, I have had my share of sneaking around !!! getting mods on this sucker. Belive me !! I am talking stuff UPS'd to friends houses !!! Hang in there my man. In the court of life, the wife is the prosecutor, the judge and the jury. You are your only lawyer and you are guilty and it does not matter if you are innocent !!

·
Registered
397 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bismarck

Rg, I had it stretched from 17 x 6 to 18 x 8.5. you are right there is nothing out there larger than a 210 for the 17" rim. The 240 is an 18" tire, but a little lower profile than the stock 200. I will raise the back end a little too which will make a bit more clearance for the the tire and also will lower the rake of the bike a bit to make it handle quicker, perhaps making up for the slower roll over characteristics of the bigger tire. All experimental right now, we 'll have to see how it results...

Bis, I have never heard of stretching the wheels. How the **** do they do that? And does it comprise any strength of the wheel?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts