RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw my midnight warrior for the first time and it is awsome! Does anyone know if I can powder coat aftermarket exhaust or any other way to get the exhaust black(gloss not flat)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
It depends on the coating company, the company I use, DG Coating in Marshall, Tx has various levels gloss black ceramic coatings. Powder coating will not hold up to exhaust temperatures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,384 Posts
I just read something within the past few days about a member that specializes in black exhaust, but I can't remember his name. Since my Warrior is not black I didn't pay very close attention, but do a search on black exhaust. There are quite a few on the forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gman

I just read something within the past few days about a member that specializes in black exhaust, but I can't remember his name. Since my Warrior is not black I didn't pay very close attention, but do a search on black exhaust. There are quite a few on the forum.


It may be me. 99% of the exhausts I sell are black but I also offer polished silver or flat silver which look like polished aluminum or brushed aluminum. The flat silver on my bike is almost exactly the same color and shine of my brushed frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
I have put about 10k on my bike after painting them myself with duplicolor 1200 deg engine paint with ceramic and have had no problem at all. When the pipes get hot that stuff don't get gummy and it don't scratch. After that I put a coat on some stainless firearms to cut down on the shine for hunting and it works great. You can do you pipes for about $8. Beat that! Jrod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
There have a couple of Midnight exhausts on Ebay over the last few days...one that sold was just the header itself, looked almost bran new. Don't know if that helps you, but I thought I'd let you know...there may still be one full system there up for grabs yet.

Merry Christmas (and not the "politically correct" lame-ass "Happy Holidays" either, cuz I'm not politically correct!!!![/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)] )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dc05warrior

had the covers ceramic coated on the these V&H , They have a pretty good gloss. keeps down the heat too.

Insert Image:

55.98 KB


wow man, those big shots look great....I will be looking into something like that with my midnight...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
No, on the V&H you only have to take the outer chrome covers to the pwder coater. New out of the box saves them all kinds of time in prep so cost is low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jrod

I have put about 10k on my bike after painting them myself with duplicolor 1200 deg engine paint with ceramic and have had no problem at all. When the pipes get hot that stuff don't get gummy and it don't scratch. After that I put a coat on some stainless firearms to cut down on the shine for hunting and it works great. You can do you pipes for about $8. Beat that! Jrod


What kind of prep work did you do on them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I know this is an old subject, but I really like the black exhaust. Have a 2006 Midnite and put a set of V & H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes on it. Love the sound but don't really like the regular chrome look. Kind of ruins the whole scheme of the bike. Has anyone put black chrome on their exhaust pipes and if so, will they stand the heat? Can you recommend a supplier whocan do this, and of course is reasonable. The black ceramic process is very expensive and not sure the look is that great. Any advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
I had my exhaust ceramicoated, around $200 with shipping, surely is better than the chrome. Chrome just doesn't do a Warrior justice, in my opinion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,389 Posts
Would it cost me a lot to get the V&H inner pipes done also or does it matter? I think I will get the heat shields ceramic coated and the top where the flanges are, paint them with high temp paint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Texas said:
I know this is an old subject, but I really like the black exhaust. Have a 2006 Midnite and put a set of V & H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes on it. Love the sound but don't really like the regular chrome look. Kind of ruins the whole scheme of the bike. Has anyone put black chrome on their exhaust pipes and if so, will they stand the heat? Can you recommend a supplier whocan do this, and of course is reasonable. The black ceramic process is very expensive and not sure the look is that great. Any advice.
These are the V&H Big Radius 2-2 pipes on mine that I had coated with ceramic black. I left the tips chrome following the line of the exhaust because I thought it looked better. I paid about $175 from Performance Kote in Orlando to do it.


 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top