RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent the last two weeks stuck in the blast cabinet...finished painting the kickstand and fuel door today...only thing chrome that is left are the heads and pushrod tubes...from a few feet back they make a nice "V"...gonna leave that for a while...other thing was that silly cable guide under the top tree..couldn't wiggle that out...any suggestions ? Will post before and afters when everything is back together...maybe Saturday...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Sounds sweet.I like the look of chrome but also like the all black look. Thinking of paintin the Kawi all flat black.I like the shiny on my warrior.Cant wait to see pics of your all black

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
fake said:
To heck with waiting for pics, lets see some pics now.

No kidding dude!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I did away with all the chrome on mine with the exception of the push rod tubes my first winter four years ago.

I havn't regretted it for a split second.i'm just not a fan of chrome anymore...yep....i said it.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Thundermutt said:
I have spent the last two weeks stuck in the blast cabinet...finished painting the kickstand and fuel door today...only thing chrome that is left are the heads and pushrod tubes...from a few feet back they make a nice "V"...gonna leave that for a while...other thing was that silly cable guide under the top tree..couldn't wiggle that out...any suggestions ? Will post before and afters when everything is back together...maybe Saturday...
Dude, You had a sweet looking bike before... Can only imagine what it'll look like now. Do you realize it was only 8 weeks ago when we all got together at Blood Mtn? 8 weeks ago we were really concerned about finding gas so that we could all get back home. Remember the Georgia game that almost stranded all the fans in Athens? Crazy stuff going on. You gonna get up to WarriorFest in April to show it off????

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hit a snag with an o-ring on one of the oil lines...gonna be next week before I can finish puttin her back together...i am going to try to get some pictures up tonight !!! this will be interesting...i am a painter. not a picture loader !!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am also about tohave all the chrome stipped off and powder coatedblack. It will probably be done around Febuary or so. I got some estimates already and one guy I talked to asked if there were any baffles under the rocker boxes. Does anyone know if the are or not? If there are, then the rocker boxes will have to be soda blasted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts