RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I recently read an article in a magazine where a guy had his pipes nickel-plate in black. I would think any chroming shop should be able to do it since it is part of the chroming process.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It is called black chrome and not many people do it, do a search on that there was a discussion about that a while ago. It is not a flat black though, more of a shiney smoke. Also there is one bike in the gallery with black pipes you may want to email that member, i don't remember who it was, it might of been where you saw the pipes to start. Looks cool though.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
quote:Originally posted by programmergeek

It is called black chrome and not many people do it, do a search on that there was a discussion about that a while ago. It is not a flat black though, more of a shiney smoke. Also there is one bike in the gallery with black pipes you may want to email that member, i don't remember who it was, it might of been where you saw the pipes to start. Looks cool though.
Its Defman's bike with the black pipes.Awesome paint job as wellhttp://www.rswarrior.com/members/memberdetails.asp?handle=DEFMAN

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
CRUSTEEL45, where are you from in Mich.
I tried to look it up in the members section but you didn't list it.
I am from Jackson, MI. Concord to be more precise.

sorry off the subject.

PM me!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Rex if you saw the article I did it was in Roadbike and was on a BMW called Ghetto Blaster. It is called nickel black and was done by a company in Oklahoma called HPC. I did a search on the net and found
WWW.hpcoatings.com
http://www.hpcoatings.com/exhaust_coatings.htm pic of some black pipes and colors avalable.

·
Registered
397 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Daimon1054

Rex if you saw the article I did it was in Roadbike and was on a BMW called Ghetto Blaster. It is called nickel black and was done by a company in Oklahoma called HPC. I did a search on the net and found
WWW.hpcoatings.com
http://www.hpcoatings.com/exhaust_coatings.htm pic of some black pipes and colors avalable.

That's it! I was just reading that one last night. That was a pretty sik BMW. All the of the plating come off from the first company that did the work.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
That would be my luck get my pipes back and start it and all the plating falls off[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] At least this guy had the funds to go to another company to have it done right[B)]
That is a sweet looking bimmer though[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome crusteel45
DEFMAN here... If you are still looking to have your pipes blacken, I had mine ceramic coated black, it not only looks cool but having them ceramic coated reduced the radiant heat by 150 degree's which here in Florida makes a big difference.
I can supply you with the vendor I used here, but you might find someone closer to your neck of the woods.
I'll be glad to help, also if you do coat your pipes, you might want to look at ceramic coating the oil lines as well.
I did and the result was fantastic, I'll post pic's in a couple weeks.
DEFMAN

·
Registered
105 Posts
i just put on a set of ceramic coated bub's on my buddies bike. they turned out sweet, he went with flat black to match his new paint job. a guy hear in pittsburgh did them for a pretty reasonable price, a little cheaper than jet-hot i believe. my other friend is getting his pipes done also, i am sticking with my chrome. ask around some local bike shops and exhaust shops, they can probably point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
117 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sahst63

i just put on a set of ceramic coated bub's on my buddies bike. they turned out sweet, he went with flat black to match his new paint job. a guy hear in pittsburgh did them for a pretty reasonable price, a little cheaper than jet-hot i believe. my other friend is getting his pipes done also, i am sticking with my chrome. ask around some local bike shops and exhaust shops, they can probably point you in the right direction.

Did your buddy use Prizm? I've talked to that guy before and was all set to get my pipes done, but I wanted to remove the finish from the pipes before I did it. Wouldn't want to take any chances in the chrome peeling. If I decide to do it, it will be next winters project.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i'm not sure who did them, but they removed the chrome first. if someone ceramic coats over the chrome, i would wonder about them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll have to get that information from you later then. This guy definitely did not remove the chrome first. It would have been up to me to prepare the pipes first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts