RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my bike used and it did not have the plastic surround around the tailight, I have the fender eliminator kit but am looking for the piece that fills the gap between the fender and light.


I also lost the cap that covers the swingarm bolt (exhaust side)


I was going to pick these up from the dealer, but figured I would try here first.


Thanks,


Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
can't help you with the taillight surround, but for the swingarm bolt cap, another option is that you can go to home depot or lowes and get a sink drain cover. comes in chrome, but you can paint them black if you want. they are pretty inexpensive too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
Sink drain cover!!?....dude....it's a Warrior, not the wife's kitchen.....my swingarm cap also came loose exhaust side and melted to the S*. Ordered from Mrcycle.com. You may want to make a list of parts you need and order all together, that way you save somewhat on shipping. Or you can treat your Warrior and order the billet version from the yamaha accessory section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
i'm just sayin, it's been done and doesn't look bad. you'll be surprised what you can use from a hardware store...roller pan mesh, flexible tubing for water pipes.





RX_Warrior said:
Sink drain cover!!?....dude....it's a Warrior, not the wife's kitchen.....my swingarm cap also came loose exhaust side and melted to the S*. Ordered from Mrcycle.com. You may want to make a list of parts you need and order all together, that way you save somewhat on shipping. Or you can treat your Warrior and order the billet version from the yamaha accessory section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pic Trick. I am going to see what the dealer wants for one so they match, but if the price is crazy thislooks like agood alternative.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,726 Posts
royale5 said:
Thanks for the pic Trick. I am going to see what the dealer wants for one so they match, but if the price is crazy thislooks like agood alternative.
I have ordered that cover twice from a dealer - $12. I put a small drop of loctight to prevent vibrating off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,726 Posts
royale5 said:
Thanks for the pic Trick. I am going to see what the dealer wants for one so they match, but if the price is crazy thislooks like agood alternative.
I have ordered that cover twice from the dealer - $12. I finally put a small drop of loctight on it to prevent vibrating off again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
940 Posts
royale5 said:
I purchased my bike used and it did not have the plastic surround around the tailight, I have the fender eliminator kit but am looking for the piece that fills the gap between the fender and light.


I also lost the cap that covers the swingarm bolt (exhaust side)


I was going to pick these up from the dealer, but figured I would try here first.


Thanks,


Jon
The trim pc you want for the tail light was listed on ebat today with a $10.00 buy it now!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,918 Posts
royale5 said:
Still looking, anyone want to clean out the shed?
Well, i guess you didn't like my price ... oh welll



I even sent you a complete break down of all the pcs req'd


Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alan, I sent you a PMthe other day saying I would take it,but never got a response back. I will still take it, please give me your paypal info so I can get you the $$.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top