RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly blow by from bad exhaust gaskets rear gasket is shot and doesn't look like there's one up front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Ok. Got new pipes and gaskets. Both old gaskets were there when i pulled the exhaust, both looked bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the AIS was/is in place. That's where the filthy filter pics came from..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow-up:

Looking at the pic are how the plugs & gaskets were on the bike, far plugs being the front of the bike... If you can zoom the plugs, what do you guys see.. I have no mechanical background. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Dont look that bad...
The porcelain looks good..
To me.....
The front gasket now that's another thing

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont look that bad...
The porcelain looks good..
To me.....
The front gasket now that's another thing

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah about that front gasket.. Replaced all parts you see plus new air filters. Waiting on new fuel filter before i put her back together and fire it up... Hopefully no internal damage from the blown gasket.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I went for six months without this one gasket. On the same cylinder. Nothing but a pronounced soaring in the rain and a loud sound did not happen.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Look just a hair lite to me. Hard to see but how do the straps look and are there little dots on them? Exhaust leaks will also mess with your air/fuel ratio so the readings on the plugs will not be 100%.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look just a hair lite to me. Hard to see but how do the straps look and are there little dots on them? Exhaust leaks will also mess with your air/fuel ratio so the readings on the plugs will not be 100%.
Thanks, at least the plugs don't scream engine problems right up front. Not sure what a strap is, but i see no dots on any part of the plugs.

·
Administrator
27,874 Posts
Yes little jaunts here & there around town and 87 octane. Good observation :)
Are those NGK DPR7EA-9 plugs?
Looks like normal threaded stud terminals so you have stock coils. The stock spark plug boots twist-onto the spark plug wires. Said another way, the boots thread-onto the wires. You might clockwise gently twist them fully on.

Were they replaced in recent mileage? The porcelain under the blue tape on one plug looks white enough to be new. And the crush washers appear torqued just once. Hard to know. But all things considered they seem to have been properly installed with good seal and were performing well. The only curiosity is one plug's business-end is clean and the other three are stop-and-go normal sooty.

Let me know how she does with cleaned-up plugs and new Yamaha exhaust gaskets and the head pipes installed with a nice gentle torque.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are those NGK DPR7EA-9 plugs?
Looks like normal threaded stud terminals so you have stock coils. The stock spark plug boots twist-onto the spark plug wires. Said another way, the boots thread-onto the wires. You might clockwise gently twist them fully on.

Were they replaced in recent mileage? The porcelain under the blue tape on one plug looks white enough to be new. And the crush washers appear torqued just once. Hard to know. But all things considered they seem to have been properly installed with good seal and were performing well. The only curiosity is one plug's business-end is clean and the other three are stop-and-go normal sooty.

Let me know how she does with cleaned-up plugs and new Yamaha exhaust gaskets and the head pipes installed with a nice gentle torque.
Will do as the last filters will be here by Monday. Yes on the plug part # as well. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 19 Posts