RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am attempting to install the blaster X with integrated turn signals so obviously i want to remove the oem turn signals and license plate from the rear finder i can't for the life of me find any where to buy the finder eliminator kit so i'm wondering Is it possible to cut out the turn signals and license plate light with out effecting the ability for the brake light to be mounted and look good? Is there a link to a video on this? I can't find anything on YouTube which seems odd being that it's a very common mod. Thank you.

· Premium Member
5,814 Posts
No need to remove the fender. All you need to do is remove the under-fender liner and trim out the turn signals as well a the mud flap and stock license plate holder section. I then trimmed it nicely with a sharp blade and drilled 2 holes to hold my plate again with a piece of aluminum behind it. Very simple and the Blaster X is a plug and play affair.

· Administrator/Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,793 Posts
Before I was able to locate a fender eliminator, this is how I trimmed my tail piece. I installed the Blaster-X and then got to trimming and drilling. It was about three years (I missed on during that time) until I located an OEM fender eliminator, but it was only by chance as I saw someone sharing a photo of a different part and there was a bin in the background that I saw it in. I inquired... and now have it installed.

When you see one, don't wait. I wouldn't even haggle over the price much as that delay gives someone else the chance to snatch it.

In the meantime, this (or more trimming) is the way to go.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Black-and-white Sports equipment Body jewelry

· Registered
233 Posts
Hello i am attempting to install the blaster X with integrated turn signals so obviously i want to remove the oem turn signals and license plate from the rear finder i can't for the life of me find any where to buy the finder eliminator kit so i'm wondering Is it possible to cut out the turn signals and license plate light with out effecting the ability for the brake light to be mounted and look good? Is there a link to a video on this? I can't find anything on YouTube which seems odd being that it's a very common mod. Thank you.
I believe I may have one. If you would be interested, I could dig around in my shop and see if I can find it. It is new and never been on the bike.

'05 Midnight
3,793 Posts
LUCKY!!! I saw a member selling one and I was on the fence at the time but I missed it and have forever regretted it. AND YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE A BRAND NEW ONE HANDED TO YOU!! So jealous!

· Registered
233 Posts
Thanx bro 😎
Here is what I have. It is called the inner fender eliminator kit. Still in original package unopened. It looks like a bracket for mounting the turn signals, some hardware, and the mounting bracket for the tail light? Anyway it is two brackets and some mounting hardware. Let me know if this is what you are looking for......or if you would like photos.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is what I have. It is called the inner fender eliminator kit. Still in original package unopened. It looks like a bracket for mounting the turn signals, some hardware, and the mounting bracket for the tail light? Anyway it is two brackets and some mounting hardware. Let me know if this is what you are looking for......or if you would like photos.
I'm not sure exactly what I need. I'm trying to clean up the tail by removing the turn signals and license plate and use the integrated turn signals in the blaster x. Can I see some pics? Maybe someone on here may know if that's what I'm looking for.

· Registered
233 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what I need. I'm trying to clean up the tail by removing the turn signals and license plate and use the integrated turn signals in the blaster x. Can I see some pics? Maybe someone on here may know if that's what I'm looking for.
See the post above from ArizonaWarrior....... pm me your phone and I will text a picture....here is one installed on my bike. clean install. It is the one on the left, the picture is dark, but zoom in and you can see Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
See the post above from ArizonaWarrior....... pm me your phone and I will text a picture....here is one installed on my bike. clean install. It is the one on the left, the picture is dark, but zoom in and you can see View attachment 258802
I tried to PM you. Let me know if you are not seeing them. I left my number in the message

· [Retired Admin-SuperMod]
32,054 Posts
Look at attached pdf here:

This is by far the best Warrior solution. Most of us just use the top half of the bracket. It's why Yamaha designed it as two pieces. Seriously!

Pics of my bike via profile.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Look at attached pdf here:

This is by far the best Warrior solution. Most of us just use the top half of the bracket. It's why Yamaha designed it as two pieces. Seriously!

Pics of my bike via profile.
Thanx bro. I'm new to working on the warrior. I feel better about doing the work with the kit than attempting to chop suey the oem to make it work. I normally fs up that way. Thank you for the support 😎

'05 Midnight
3,793 Posts
I only got Part #1 from those instructions. It's honestly super easy to install. Since I have the integrated tail light, I used my cutoff wheel on my angle grinder to remove the turn signal tabs before mounting. It's SUPER clean now but keeps the plate below the tail light as I prefer it there to anywhere else.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts